1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Taxis

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by jam13rel, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jam13rel

jam13rel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, im returning to Vegas for the 2nd time in november and wanted to find out how much roughly a taxi for 2 people from the airport to The Mirage would be?

Last year i paid $42 from the airport to Circus Circus.

2. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $20 +/-$5. Certainly not $40. I went from the airport, stopped at In N out burger for 10-15 minutes then to golden nugget for $40 last year. I think you may have been long hauled on your trip from Circus Circus.

3. jam13rel

jam13rel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He took us on the freeway!!

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  5. Vegasstar33

Vegasstar33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate taking a Taxi in Vegas now....the long hauling is just getting out of hand..
    Actually got tunneled on my way BACK to the airport.....they should use the flat rate system like other major cities.

No more taxis for me...either shuttle or car rental from now on....

Grrr taxis!!

6. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there anything we can say to the driver to avoid the tunnel that wouldn't be offensive?

Or, do we get in and say, "Harrah's please, no tunnel"?

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  7. Vegasstar33

Vegasstar33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it would be better if you actually tell the driver the streets you want him to go as now cabbies are finding a way to still long haul you even if you say no tunnel!!
    Long hauling is really like an epidemic in Vegas which unfortunately is not going away any time soon :(

Seriously consider taking the shuttle or renting a car.

Sorry i'm a little bitter...been long hauled one to many times :(

8. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes tell them no tunnel or freeway also kinda say we live here so we know about ,

you can say im hear ever 2 weeks for work so i know about the tunnel that will help take the pressure away.

also know what to tell me to do,say please go out front entrance and dont take the tunnel thanks

9. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jesus, stand up for yourself, dont just bitch here, next time look em in the eye and say "you long hauled me and I'm not paying a dime, and say you're calling the taxi authority.".

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get it if someone gets tunneled the FIRST time.

I don't get that people avoid cabs because of tunneling.

It is so simple to just tell the drive either which street or "no tunnel please".

I just don't get why this is so difficult.

By the way, we let him tunnel us once and then offered him a few bucks or a call to the Cab Authority. He knew he had been had.

11. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found out long ago (from this board) the best way to get DT from the airport. So yesterday I told the driver to please take Paradise. He replied, "so you wanna take the long way, huh?" I know some people are of the opinion that for all of the money you are about to drop, why quibble over an extra $10 in cab fare. To me, there is a principal involved. They are actively trying to rip you off. They are getting pressure from their employers to do so. It is annoying, to say the least. Assuming they know the amount the fare should be, I have heard that some people will tell the driver, "I will pay you X amount for this trip. Go whatever way you want. The remainder will be your tip."

12. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the interesting thing about those that say "it is only $10" is where does it stop

the bellman takes a few dollars out of your carry on while you are not looking......well it was only $5 :eek:

the check in person says they are out of the room you booked and a very similar room is only $5 more per night......it is only $5 per day :rolleyes2:

the waitress pads your check with a 25% tip......well I was going to tip 20% anyway and what is another $5 on a fancy meal :poke:

the sandwich artist just dumps your $5 in change right into the tip jug.....well sandwich artist have to eat too :confused2:

the croupier short pays you $10 per hand one time.....hey it was a fast moving table I did not want to hold things up :ssst:

the cleaning staff helps themselves to a $10 spot out of your wallet or money in your luggage.....well now I know how much she expects per day :cheers:

the waitress at the pool pads your drink with a $5 tip.......well I was going to tip her something :drunk:

pretty soon you are out $55 per day for nothing but pretty much theft :faint:

13. Vegasstar33

Vegasstar33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love your post!! Totally agree!!!

14. dylanfann

dylanfann Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like this one.
    I own a place that has "sandwich artists" (not in vegas) and besides the footlong was only $5 to begin with right?? LMAO:evillaugh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.