1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Taxi or shuttle ? Advice needed

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by JackH, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackH

JackH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have been to Vegas many, many times and have always rented a car because prices were pretty good and we always broke our trip up by staying at 2 different hotels. This time we are staying all of our trip at the Palazzo and with car rentals so expensive , we have decided to take a taxi or shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel. Any advice would appreciated . Any tips also very welcomed. Thanks

2. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would do a taxi and since you are going downtown you can take the tunnel and not be long hauled...:thumbsup: The reason I say a taxi is, you will get to your hotel much quicker as a shuttle is a shared ride and they may have to drop others off before they drop you off at your hotel. So if you are not a patient person (like me), then take a taxi. Others on here who have experience with shuttles/taxis going downtown may have other advice. I'm a strip guy and take a limo to my hotel, I hate to wait in the taxi line and I hate dealing with taxi drivers and I hate dealing with the shuttles. I don't hate everything I love VEGAS! :thumbsup:

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you are using the plural I'd use a taxi.

The shuttle deals are just barely defensible if you are traveling alone and not in a hurry,

If you have more than one passenger, the price is pretty comparable and there is no point in a shuttle.

If you have more than two, taxi may well be cheaper.

4. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For two people, shuttle will save you a few bucks but not more than that.

5. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you misread Palazzo as Plaza, but FYI the tunnel to downtown is a long haul. Costs $4 or $5 more. Might save a few minutes, might not.

6. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I did mis-read.....thanks for the clarification. I've read on here where others have said the tunnel is not a long haul situation for downtown...just goes to show you can't believe everything you read on the internet...:thumbsup:

7. JackH

JackH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info>>>>>>>:wave: Taxi it is >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.