1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Taxi instructions from Airport to MSS

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by FuriousGeorge, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuriousGeorge

FuriousGeorge Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi All,

You were really helpful for our trip in 2014 when I told our taxi to go via Swenson/Paradise when heading for the El Cortez. He grumbled and muttered about traffic jams caused by the Electric Daisy Carnival, but did as we asked and we got there really fast and for under $35 with tip!

This year we are picking up a taxi at 8.30pm on a Thursday from McCarran and heading for Main Street Station. We know about the Waxx bus but are taking a Taxi for convenience after a long flight.

Do I tell the driver the same? Swenson and Paradise? Or is another route better for MSS?

Many thanks.

2. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell them the same, expect the same grumbling too.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A bit quicker is to tell him Paradise to 4th St.
    If you say Paradise, then Swenson is a given. 4th Street has timed lights and if you hit it right, you can drive almost all the way downtown without stopping, then one left turn on Stewart and you are heading to MSS.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  4. FuriousGeorge

FuriousGeorge Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's great. Although we've visited many times, taxi drivers seem to think we will be easy victims for a long-haul because we're not American. It's the same all over the world so I'm reassured that we won't get ripped off if we can give the driver clear instructions that give him no room to scam us.

Paradise, then 4th Street and a left onto Stewart is the way to go! Thanks for your guidance & help.

5. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to be clear - Paradise doesn't actually hit 4th. Paradise almost merges with Las Vegas Blvd. (Left on Sahara & then an immediate right on LVB). The driver will know this. Shortly after getting on LVB, 4th street intersects at an angle on the left.
    Take that all the way into downtown.
    Look at this map... zoom into the area just a bit south of downtown... look for the Stratosphere ... that's near where you should get on LVB...you will see 4th about 5 blocks north on LVB.
    https:[email protected],-115.1516755,15z

Finally have the room booked! Look for me Feb 21-23
  6. FuriousGeorge

FuriousGeorge Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Top Card. I've had a look at the map. Received and understood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.