1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Taxi driver-ticket for long hauling story

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by miniwhale, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miniwhale

miniwhale Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband this morning calls me from the airport. Tells me his taxi driver just got a ticket for long hauling him! He was on a business trip and stayed at Rio. Takes a taxi to the airport, was on his phone checking emails and looks up and realizes he is way south of the airport. He says to the driver "what are you doing so far away from the airport?" The driver says there was construction. He says "I think you went way too far and I will only give you $25 for the ride". So they get to the airport and as he was going to pay with his credit card, he noticed the driver was trying to turn off his meter. My husband gets out and there is a cop standing there and said "where did you come from?" He tells him "Rio" and the cop says "sir, you have just been long hauled" The cop goes on to tell my husband to take a picture of the meter, the driver's ID and to notify the taxi company; he should get his money back for the ride. Crazy!

2. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to see the cops are paying attention, maybe that will be a deterrent for the other drivers. :thumbsup:

3. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love it! Hopefully they keep busting them!

4. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    october we took a cab from freemont to harrahs, had won some money so I just wanted to get back as quick as possible as we were meeting family at carnival court, instead of just driving down the strip or back way near koval he jumped on interstate on a friday at 5pm...so after getting through rush hour traffic, he didnt want to go to the harrahs cab stand and asked if he could let us out in the back near the dog area near the valet, i was fine with that, as soon as we got out the cab 3 suits from harrahs walked up and told him he knew he wasnt supposed to do that, they proceeded to write his info down and take pics of the van...he got what he deserved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.