1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tax on Comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by oghuman, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oghuman

oghuman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was staying at Caesars last week. I was using comps at all their restaurants. When we ate at Central on the fourth day, when I went to pay with my TR card the waiter came back and told me that the tax is not included in the comp. He asked me if I wanted pay cash which was about $3.80. I paid but I wasn’t happy. I knew that Nevada was working on a bill to have require taxes on comps. However, I was in Vegas and had about 6 meals at different CET restaurants and none of them asked to pay tax. I had a remote thought that maybe the waiter was trying to scam me, though I couldn’t imaginge someone would risk their job over that small amount. Later that day I spoke to a Manager at Central to see what’s up. She told me that the software on their cash registers was updated to require separate payment on tax. What’s the story anyone else have this happen? BTW, no other restaurant charged me tax during my 5 night stay.

2. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    depends
    mon amigabi i have to pay tax

payard no

at the palms hotel

there nines steak house taxed and there 24/7 not

it very cunfusing

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And, Mon Ami probably is different than other places. It is not part of CET, so....

4. wormhole

wormhole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in August, I stayed at NYNY, charged all my meals to my room and got stuck paying taxes in the meals. The meals were comped. That was the only time I have ever been hit with taxes on comped meals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.