1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tasting or prix fixe menu

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Thoness, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thoness

Thoness Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're staying at the trop and would like to do some tasting menus on the south end of the strip near our hotel. Any recommendations? Like to keep it under 200 total.

2. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

$200 pp?
    The tasting menu at L'atelier by Joel Roubchon (sp?) is excellent.

3. AusTex11

AusTex11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're really looking to stay south, I can think of Rick Moonen's in Mandalay Bay as a place that offers a tasting menu. I think even his less expensive tasting option will put you over budget though. On the same end, Charlie Palmer's offers a "Cut of the Week" menu. Menu can be hit or miss, but you get 3 courses with family style sides AND bottomless wine for about $50.

Aria's restaurants seem to be fans of offering some really great looking prix fixe menus. I've heard plenty of great things about Sage, and they offer both a $59 early evening and $89 signature tasting menu. At $49, BarMASA's early evening menu seems to be the best time to get the most value out of that restaurant. Anyway, definitely check out Aria's choices.

And just throwing an extra word in, but I absolutely love how some of Aria's restaurants offer a beer pairing with their tasting menus. I wish more places offered this!

Happy eating! :beer:

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i'm guessing the OP means $200 for 2 people. you're not going to find a tasting menu that cheap, so you would need to do what they normally call a pre-theater menu. but you don't have to be going to the theater to use it. normally you get 2 apps, 2 dinners and a desert to share. you can look at JR at MGM.

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. Thoness

Thoness Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup 200 total for 2. Though we don't drink wine often; the Charlie Palmer menu seems pretty good. Thanks for the recommendations!

7. schwaiguy

schwaiguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Verandah, Four Seasons, Mandalay Bay. Reasonably priced, excellent Italian food!

8. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Charlie Palmer Steak is my favorite steakhouse in Las Vegas. Their "Cut of the Week" special has gotten favorable reviews on this forum. We've had dinner at Charlie Palmer at least 12 times over the past 8 years (most recently on NYE 2013), and the service at the restaurant has always been excellent.

Verandah is very nice and we have always enjoyed our meals there, but for a special dinner I would choose Charlie Palmer Steak over Verandah.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.