1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

tap a talk

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by bubbakitty, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a Kindle and I have an i-phone and I have a laptop (that I don't want to take to Vegas). Question is the tap-a-talk app. It is easier to type on the kindle (but not the best) than the phone but picture access with the kindle is non-existent as we (I) know it. So that leaves the i-phone which is abhorrent to type on for any length of time.

How does the LIVE trip report get done without the ever present typos / lack of paragraphs but with the ease of posting photos?

I am thinking of trying one in October but don't want to "snip-it" the whole process or have reader drudgery. If it is just a matter of practicing typing on the little keyboard of the i-phone, then so be it. Just have to be more concise in reporting......

Thanks in advance.....

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
    Spur of momento trip
  2. progrocker2112

progrocker2112 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With android I use an 'after market' keyboard app, Swiftkey, that makes typing a lot easier. I thought IOS was starting to allow those as well, Fleksy is the name of the app but I don't have any experience typing on it. You could try that or get one of those bluetooth keyboards.

Wow, apparently SwiftKey and Swype will be available for IOS 8, that's great for iPhone users: http://recode.net/2014/06/02/swiftkey-swype-already-working-on-ios-keyboard-apps/

3. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not very good with technology, so I think what I will try for a trip report coming up is to do a daily update in my room from my iPad which will start the thread, but I'll use my phone for pics and quick updates as I go posting to the thread started with my iPad. Unless someone can give another suggestion?? Can you do a daily recap from the kindle and update with the phone as you go?

4. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Sure. It's no different than posting on the website from one device and then posting again later from a different device.

But personally I like tapatalk much better on the iphone than on the ipad. I'm typing this on the iphone version. On the ipad version for some reason when I try to post, the text editor window that pops up doesn't show me the entire right side of what I'm typing so I can't see if there is a mistake or even see what I wrote. On the iphone version I don't have that issue. So on the ipad it's just easier to use the regular website in my opinion.

5. bubbakitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So where do you download..... the double device posting may be somewhat disjointed but workable. Thanks

Spur of momento trip
  6. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Download photobucket app on your phone. Haven't used it yet, but it looks like you take a pic on the phone, then go into photobucket and grab which photos you want to post through that.....

7. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the speech to text option available on Tapatalk on the iPhone? That could be a possibility.

Or use your Kindle to do the typing then create another post with your phone to upload the pictures?

8. bubbakitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a mess I am making of this....a somewhat grown man too....maybe[​IMG]

Spur of momento trip
  9. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well, ya posted with a pic!! Looks like you figured it out!!! Did you use photo bucket or did you find something better??

10. snapcat

snapcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use Tap a Talk on my iPad mini all the time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.