1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tao - Venetian

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by KBT2012, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone ever dine here? How is the sushi compared to other places? I'm thinking about giving it a try next trip out.

2. schwaiguy

schwaiguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've spent time in here but not eaten here.

I'm very familiar with Chinese food, and it appears and smells to be of high quality. I would and probably will go here. I'm just not sure about the price compared to the places I've been on Spring Mountain Road.

schwaiguy

3. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have dined at Tao at least four times over the past couple of years, and had a great dining experience each time. The servers have all been great. The miso glazed Chilean sea bass is wonderful. I also recommend the lobster wontons, the squab lettuce wraps and the Mandarin sizzled fried rice with roast duck. The giant fortune cookie(filled with white and dark chocolate mousse) is a great dessert item to share with your fellow diners. They have a decent wine list. I am not a big fan of sushi, but my daughter tried several items from their sushi menu and had no complaints. The last time I ate there was in December and the bill came to less than $250 for three people; and that included the $80 bottle of wine that I ordered (a delightful pinot noir). If you are too stuffed for a big dessert after your meal, you can walk just down the hallway from the restaurant and enjoy a gelato at the bakery. Enjoy.

Winter break
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.