1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tao, LAX, Marquee and Haze

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by nadizzy, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadizzy

nadizzy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I'm planning some nights of my visit and definitely wanna hit up a club that's for the mid-20's crowd good hip hop, rnb, top 40 but NOT ghetto!

What are your opinions of Tao, LAX, Marquee and Haze?

2. nsideirish

nsideirish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Marquee is the top club right now. Even above XS.

3. BKCallaway83

BKCallaway83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Marquee
    2. Haze
    3. Tao
    4. LAX
    My ranking on popularity, crowd, atmosphere.

But if you're looking for hip hop, I would stick with Tao and LAX.

Marquee and Haze will be playing mostly electronic music.
    Check with the club's website on the night you're going to see who the DJ is.

4. ez369

ez369 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your best bet is going to be Tao since you're wanting hip hop. Most of the clubs in vegas play a good amount of EDM, with a lil bit of mainstream/hip hop mixed in. Marquee does have the boom box room though, which is hip hop.. Even though LAX is hip hop, i'd probably skip it. Pure could be an option for some hip hop/mainstream as well.

5. addicted

addicted Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    go ahead and cross LAX off the list

Moon has hip hop / top40 on saturdays, if you've never been I highly recommend it

6. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No ghetto = no LAX
    Marquee does not play any hip-hop, except for the small Boom Box room off the main floor.
    TAO may play some hip hop before midnight.

My recommendation would be Haze on a Thursday night. Lot's of hip/hop, Top 40 (with some EDM). It's called Throwback Thursdays. Good crowd too.

7. VIP UNLTD

VIP UNLTD Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are not going to find a lot of places that play strictly hip-hop because of the rough crowd that it brings out ( baseball caps, baggy clothing, hoodies, etc... vs dress clothing and fedoras) i know it sound like b.s. but major nightclub companies have learned from the issues that have arisen from the playing of nothing but hip-hop ( most recent example in memory is when Waka Flocka Flame performed at Crown where an in club altercation ended up in a car chase and shootout with the Gang Unit for LV Metro, thus getting the venue shut down for good)
    Most venues adhere to a "mash-up" doctrine of music where you might here the Notorios B.I.G. blended with the Black Keys and moving into Deadmau5 before smashing into Niki Minaj. They do this so that the audience (which is diverse) all get a little bit of things they like without pandering too far to the genre that may alienate the rest of the audience. When i moved here in 06, almost every club on the strip played hip-hop, but as the music became more polarizing and the crowds that listened to it became rougher, they started to move away from the genre to avoid potential issues ( like guys in huge gold chains, shorts, and baseball caps trying to get in even though their clearly out of dress code, which tended to make issues at the door) instead of having to deal with those kind of potentialities, the clubs opted to change their musical offerings so that the kind of people who want to hear Trick Daddy and get rowdy in the club were less likely to want to come to their club when they found out that Steve Aoki was spinning all night.
    That being said, there are venues that still lean closer to hip-hop than EDM such as:
    Chateau
    Haze
    miX Ultralounge
    Moon
    Most of the venues that hold huge amounts of people (1000+) shy away from too much hip hop to avoid liabilities that could arise.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.