1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Taking websites for granted, glad to be here

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by IWannaBeInVegas, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First off, I want to thank Sonya for all of the great years of having this site online and I do not know where any of us would be without all of the hard work and dedication you put into this website.

Iv come to the realization that not all of our favorite websites will be around forever, this hit me about two months ago. I get into moods where I will be highly interested in a topic and will constantly be on websites relating to that topic. Well a couple months ago, the photobug hit me hard, I spent a huge chunk of money on a new camera and went to my favorite photo sites, only to find out two or three of them are gone, shut down, nothing but a memory. One of these websites I found out had been down for many months maybe up to a year and I never knew and the sad part about it for me was I had several hundred of my very best photos on that website, some of which I no longer have because of computer failure and such in the past (Now everything is backed up on site and in the cloud to several places). It was a place that one could go and browse photos, critique and get critiques of work and learn, iv yet to find anything like it.

Having found some of these great resources gone has me thinking more than ever about how much it must take to run one of these websites, how much money and time and dedication it takes and how quickly a switch can be flipped and the site could be gone. I do not know how many of us would get our Vegas fix without this site and would hate to lose such a valuable resource.

I guess the point of the post is to just say, if you have websites you really like, for example this one, do not take it for granted that in 6 months or a year it will be here because it may not, just like all things in life, it can change or be gone. Enjoy what you have because you do not know how long you will have it.

Tentative Arrival
  2. Char1

Char1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would recommend that everyone make a donation to this website!

May 28-June 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.