1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Table minimums

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by Scottmik2, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Scottmik2

Scottmik2 Tourist

Heading to the good land this weekend. I haven't been on a weekend in a few years. Are most blackjack table minimums still $25 or has inflation and a good tourism market raised them?

2. Sparky4

Sparky4 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on where you play and what day it is. I saw $10 tables at Ballys Sunday night, $15 Friday and Saturday. Minimum I saw Paris was $15.

10th anniversary
  3. Scottmik2

Scottmik2 Tourist

I was talking Mirage, Ceasars etc. I would play 25 anyway. Just didn't want to land on Friday night and not find a game. Thanks for the help

4. Patman

Patman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time we were at Bellagio, you could still find some $10 tables but it was always 6/5. When we first got there you could get some $25 3/2 tables but then on the weekend it was $50 or $100 min. You should be able to find some lower limits, just not as good rules.

5. Rooster0620

Rooster0620 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pay more attention to odds than minimums nowadays.

6. blackjacker2

blackjacker2 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Steer well clear of the 6/5, the more people ignore it the quicker it will hopefully disappear. Sadly I feel the uneducated blackjack players are still getting sucked in by the lower minimums.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Clancy3434

Clancy3434 Tourist

Let's be serious... they're not going anywhere. Most people sitting down at the tables don't even realize there's a difference.

Maybe if there's another economic downturn we might see them make a change to entice gamblers to return, but even then I doubt it.

8. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I think 99% of the tables on the strip are 6/5 with at least $10/hand, unless you start getting into high limits. But, downtown you'll find 3/2 $5/hand everywhere. I think Golden Nugget is the only one that doesn't.

9. Scottmik2

Scottmik2 Tourist

We found a number of 3/2 but those were all 25 min. I was surprised at how many 10 dollar crap games going. For March madness last year we found mostly $15 tables.

10. LukeDWyatt

LukeDWyatt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in Vegas this week.
    Tuscany and Ellis Island both had $5 3:2. Both are right off the strip.

Can't speak for all of downtown, but I did go into Binion's and was surprised to find 6:5 bj there.

11. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $5 3:2 two-deck pitch games at both Gold Coast & Orleans... H17, DAS permitted.
    Downtown? Plenty of H17 3:2 games almost everywhere... the best would be the El Cortez...at $5, two-decks, with DAS, easily the best blackjack downtown.
    Next would be the Golden Gate with their "high limit salon" table...two-decks...same rules as El-Co... $15 during the early evening, before prime-time....$25 other times.
    Next would be Plaza with their $25 min. - same El-Co game. 'theD' has this game for $50 min.
    For "no DAS" games, the double-deck pitch games at the 3 Boyd properties are all available at $5...H17, 3:2. DTG has it for $10 min.
    There is (was?) a good 6-deck (or 8?) shoe at the Nugget for $15... S17, DAS and late-surrender...this needs to be re-confirmed by somebody, though.
    With the exception of Binion's (and one table at 4-Queens, I believe), all of the rest of the downtown blackjack shoes/CSMs are $5-to-$10 min., and are H17, 3:2, DAS.

Finally have the room booked! Look for me Feb 21-23