1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Switching Loyalty

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Naturaleight, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naturaleight

Naturaleight High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it easy to switch from different rewards programs?

For example if I have long standing play history and status at MGM will Venetian or Wynn comp me at least a room before I walk in the door?

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That varies so much between properties and hosts.

For instance we were looking for a change from MSS. i contacted a host at both the Plaza & Four Queens.

Plaza gave me four nights up front, Four Queens gave me the "we'll look at checkout" line.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  3. earth-3

earth-3 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your talking about going from a corporate multi property program to a privately owned property program. MGM will not share any information with them. You will be no different than any other cold call, either of them get on a daily basis. They will offer you a review after you stay and play there. You could ask to open a credit line which may help you get in if the dates are host selective.

4. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The higher your level of play [and really, the bigger the size of the LOC you open or FM you deposit] is the key. Earlier this year I was able to get 5 nights in a penthouse sky suite comped upfront at Aria - with F&B reviewed at end [all was picked up + "airfare"] - but that was with having opened a $60K LOC + knowing the host from when she was at Wynn [where I'd played since it opened].

Bottom line: without opening a substantial LOC, FM and/or a pre-existing relationship with a host, you're not likely to get anything comped upfront* [*at least not at the higher-end places].

5. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could share your Win/Loss statement with the new property host. When I switched from CET to MGM properties I called up a host at Monte Carlo and she comped me 3 nights upfront, I told her I was Diamond at CET. Once I deposited some FM and opened up my LOC she moved me up to Hotel32 before arrival. At checkout everything else was comped.

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    as others have said, that entirely depends on the size of the CL/FM you are opening. a large amount will get you comped upfront no problem. i was able to get 3 nights in a Salone Suite comped at Wynn upfront from a host without stepping foot on the property. i didn't know the host. VegasBJ was able to get full RFB comped upfront at Wynn before playing there because he knew the host from a previous property. but we're talking about good sized CLs for anything like that. otherwise you'll just have to work your way up the ranks of the new system until you start to get offers.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Help us help YOU.

Tell us about the types of offers you are getting. Level of play. Game.

8. Naturaleight

Naturaleight High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mlife doesn't send me many offers. I am Platinum. I usually just book through a host, get suite and RFB.

I play Baccarat at about $100-$500 a hand.

But was considering switching to Wynn, Venetian, or Cosmo.

9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Find a host within the new property and send an e-mail letting them know your current status, what comps you usually receive.
    Then state you want to give their place a try and is there anything they could do.

10. craps1

craps1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know how long you play, but if I were you, I wouldn't worry about it. Most likely they will comp everything at checkout, given you are a newbie to their property and will want to keep you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.