1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Swimming Pool Question

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by mdee, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Believe it or not I've never been to a Swimming Pool in Las Vegas. I haven't swam in my own pool in over 10 years haha. So let's say - Nothing fancy, no Cabana just a couple of lounge Chairs and Towels.
    So how does it work? Do I have to make reservations or is it first come first serve? We'll be staying at Venetian/Palazzo. Which Pool would be less crowded and offer a more relaxed Non-Party atmosphere?

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just show in your swim suit. t shirt , and sandals. FCFS unless you want to pay for something special. maybe you could scout it out the day before. That's what I do. Just head down in my regular clothes to get the lay of the land and see where everything is and walk around a bit in my shades and see if there is nice scenery.

3. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can never get the wife to go to the pool because she doesn't want to do the hair and make-up again. The pool at Planet Hollywood has stacks of towels when you walk in that you are free to grab and plenty of open chairs whenever I have been. Most times I have been given a BOGO coupon for use at the pool bar in my check in packet.

Mark

4. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just head down to the pool area, show your room key at the entrance and they will provide you with towels. Then your off to find a lounge chair in an area to your liking, and yes its first come first serve but if you're there on a crowded day just tell the pool attendant and they will help you find a spot. The V/P pool area is connected so it doesn't matter which tower you enter from.

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do it, mdee! I'm not really a pool person, myself, but I do enjoy at least a little time by the pool.

The lounge chairs are free. Some pools will have a "VIP Section" with an entrance fee, and of course, cabanas cost money. But they will have towels for you by the entrance and chairs are first come, first serve. Most pools I've been to (sorry, haven't been to V/P) will allow you to charge drinks and food to your room, so no need to bring cash or credit cards.

6. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are staying at the Venetian and want a quiet pool atmosphere, go to the pool in the Venezia tower at Venetian. One of my favorites in Vegas to relax in.

7. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great suggestions everyone! I like the idea of getting the "lay of the land" the day before. So thinking about it I do burn very easily and I hate wearing Sunscreen. I doubt we'd spend more than a couple of hours out there.
    How dumb would I look wearing a tee-shirt and a hat in the pool? Also what if I decided I wanted a Cabana? Do I book one in advance? How does that work? And what about Tipping? I'm a Total Pool Newbie here.

8. jagdan61

jagdan61 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many people wear hats and tshirts in pool. No one will even care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not one for the pool either, but on our June 2015 trip, the average high was 105°, and we took our 9 year old, so we ended up at the pool. We've stayed at Palazzo on 3 occasions, and this was the first time at the pool. Most of it was in the shade earlier in the day, but come high noon, plenty had sun. It was pretty quiet to start, but as the day went on, it got pretty busy. Just pick out a chair, toss your towel on it, and it's yours.

I definitely agree that you should wander to check it all out. There are lots of hidden gems at V/P!

[​IMG]

10. amk121

amk121 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great pic! which pool is that?

11. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

The first one you come to when you walk onto the Palazzo pool deck (as I pointed to in the above picture). We also spent some time in the one to the left of it on another day and got a good bit of sun.

12. amk121

amk121 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    cool..thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.