1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SWA Valentine drink coupons?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is kind of a survey. In the snail mail the other day I received 4 drink coupons from SWA. I have one of their Signature charge cards and the coupons were for Valentine's Day. The coupons expire 12/31 and the spot where the name goes just says "Southwest Credit Cardmember".

My 3 brothers all have SWA charge cards and none of them got the coupons. I only have ~75,000 miles in my miles account and flew 7 RT flights in 2013.

Anybody else get these? I'm just trying to figure out the deciding factor in how these get mailed out. My wife got a 4 pack of coupons back in April and she didn't have a SWA CC at the time, still doesn't and she only flies when I do.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  2. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    seems like after every 4 RT flights you will get a bank of coupons... or at least thats how many flights it takes for me to get some :)

I am not sure if distance matters or not when you fly and how they calculate...

3. npom

npom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I both got them too.

4. Motorcat

Motorcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I just got 4 SW drink coupon tickets each this past week ........... of course its a week after our trip.

5. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both me and a buddy got the same 4 coupon valentine offer. my first drink coupons ever, guess I'll be drinking a beer or bloody mary on my next flight which by chance leaves at 6:30 am.:beer:

By the way, I have never actually paid for a round trip flight on SW, only used points, I did pay for a 1 way once.

6. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hubby & I both got 4.....both have had SW cards. Is this just random cause we haven't gotten these in a couple of years even tho we have flown SW on several trips. odd.....

7. daveg000

daveg000 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup my wife and I both had them sitting on the table when we came home last week. Better late than never.

Same thing, SW Credit Card Member. Don't they send these every year?

As an aside Joe, after we talked about aches and pains (that's what old folks do), I cut my coffee intake down to 2 cups, and so far (knock on wood) all those strange aches and pains are 90% gone! I'm going to cut it out completely March 1st!

8. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep ... my wife and I each have our own SWA Chase Visa, and both received the 4 drink tickets. We also got them last year, and we took 4 round-trips in 2013.

9. Frankr163

Frankr163 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both my wife and I have the SW cc's and received the drink coupons.
    I've gotten them every year I've had the card. They seem to match up to the anniversary dates of the annual fees due date.

10. Criminole

Criminole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got mine last week too! Thinking about looking in my parents trash recycling bin to see if they got some too. They don't drink and I would hate for them to go to waste! Got the card last year for Vegas trip and it paid for my flight and most of one for a buddy. Only flights the card has paid for but our family will probable have free flight for four later this year.

11. nhcris

nhcris High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DH has the cc and he got them. I don't have the card and I did not get them. Lucky for me, he doesn't drink :evillaugh

12. oldcrabtom

oldcrabtom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I have the SWA Chase card and am looking at them (drink coupons) right now. Should come in handy for our March visit to the South Point !...:beer:

13. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a card and got them as well.

14. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i did not get these, and fly 3 times a year.. and have the card.. how odd, would be useful on my trip in a month from today. i cannot wait

15. Red&BlackSmoke

Red&BlackSmoke Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got them last year and DW got them this year.. Odd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.