1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SWA Three Day Sale

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by chrisn42, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisn42

chrisn42 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest started a three day sale today with dates till May 25, however while doing my daily price check for my September flight, I booked one way to Vegas from Chicago for $75 on a Wednesday. Heck of a deal!

They had return flights for that price as well on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in September as well.

Hope others can benefit!

2. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i seen this earlier today, I checked the dates for my upcoming trip and what a sale, increased $136 over the original price I paid for

3. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My trip went up too.

4. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our trip for May is $185 more than what I paid in November. I keep checking each time a sale is announced, no luck yet for cheaper tickets

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    STL isn't bad for may. But they have been a ripoff for about 2 years now. Maybe frontier is finally putting a bit of pressure on.

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It used to be when SWA had a sale it was a big deal and most routes had some kind of discount. Now it seems as if they have "sales" all the time and it's harder to actually find discounts. Obviously where you are flying from/to factors in but constantly having "sales" is getting a bit ridiculous :)

7. steph86

steph86 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow congrats on that deal!

8. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    add another $25 to the $136 the sale increased

9. mickeydfly13

mickeydfly13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been looking at trying out Southwest since my loyalty to other carriers is over with devaluation of FF programs. They are always at least as expensive as American/United. What the heck? I thought they were less expensive. Admittedly, I don't ever check bags, so that part of it doesn't help me.

10. chrisn42

chrisn42 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with this 100% , it does seem as if they always have a sale that starts on Tuesday then goes for a week or so, ends, then "regular" pricing for a few days and over the weekend, then another sale starts on the following Tuesday.

I generally keep a spreadsheet and track my flight pricing when I check pricing every couple days, and sure enough as others have mentioned usually the "sale" price is higher then the non-sale price. It's certainly strange. I just happened to get lucky yesterday that it was so cheap. Upon looking again today there are still $75 fares to and from Chicago and Vegas on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays in September and October.

I think the constant "sale" is a slippery slope to go down, because people start to expect them. It's like Bed, Bath, & Beyond always having 20% coupons, and Hobby Lobby always having things 50% off. Once the sales become constant, people expect them. But then again in the SWA case, I guess when the sale price is higher than the regular price, the average consumer just thinks it's a deal.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.