1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

swa rebook

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dot511, Aug 21, 2016.

1. dot511

dot511 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you rebook a swa flight Do you first cancel your original flight and then rebook if price is lower

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Go to southwest.com
    • Click on Change Flight
    • Enter the confirmation number and name and click Search
    • The next screen will display the details of your current booking, check the box next to the flight and click Continue
    • Choose a new flight (or just choose the same flight at the lower price).
    • The excess money will go into your banked Travel Funds; you have to apply those funds to another flight which departs within 1 year of your original booking (not flight) date.
    • Make sure you keep a record of the confirmation number of your reservation - the travel funds are tied to that confirmation number and you will need it in order to apply the travel funds for a future reservation.
    Southwest Change Flight.jpg

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do not cancel!! Go to SWA site, select change flight option. Input you confirmation # etc, then choose new flights. If the price dropped and you want the same flights, just select them again. It will show you the price or point difference before you make the final change.

Keep good records of the conf # and the credit amount. That credit is good for flights for one year from the date of the original trip.

if you booked Early Bird on original flight, it will carry over. Now, if you cancel a flight and rebook, you lose the Early Bird money.

One more thing...if you need to cancel a trip, don't. Just change your flight to some time date in the future. Once you can fly again, just change the flight back to dates you can use.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a good tip. If you know you won't be able to fly on your original date, it can be better to rebook it for a date far out in the future (at the same price). That way, you don't forfeit the Early Bird fee (if you bought it) or the $5.60 security fee by canceling. Then you can change it again when you know when you'll be able to travel.

5. eaglejohn

eaglejohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried to change flight but had problem (I couldn't figure it out)since I have companion. Pay with points. I did just cancel and rebook. No early bird to lose. The $5.60 security you do not lose. You can have that returned or save as credit for another flight(just need original # if saving it, so you can apply later)

6. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never thought of that Joe...excellent strategy:nworthy:

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, you're right, I forgot you are allowed to have the security fee refunded when you cancel.

If you paid with points and didn't buy Early Bird, it's just as easy to cancel.