1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SWA & job applicants

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't surprise me.. all indications from my vantage point is this is a WONDERFUL company.

One very recent example found me 85 points (out of 110,000) of maintaining my Companion Pass level which expires on 12/31/13. I decided to move my car-rental to points, but found out the contract I use only allows for rental-credits (free-days), fair enough... next I decided to order some flowers from 1-800Flowers for my Mom's birthday for 1,750 SWA points, which is tomorrow, only to be called back today to tell me that they can't find a florist to fulfill the order. My Mom lives in a rural area... OK, I'll do something else, but no points.

So I called Southwest Customer Relations to find out if they had any suggestions, short of me booking a quick trip before Wednesday to get the points. The fella found my story a bit humorous and said, "sir, in recognition and appreciation of your loyalty and business, I will happily add those points to your account. If you go online now, you'll see that you've reached the status for next year... anything else I can do for you while we're on the line?"

Now that's cool... I realize it was 85 points not 8,500, but still, he didn't pause for a second, just took care of me. I needed "tier qualifying" points in a hurry, which are different from bonus points and some of the others.

I converted to these folks exclusively (with very few exceptions) about 4 years ago or so and LOVE them! I do know that my situation is VERY unique to many others on the board... my flight outta Reno (to Vegas) is less than an hour and there are like 10 of them each day, each way (direct of course), my airfare is also reimbursable for business purposes.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm quite happy with SWA, but it all depends on who answers the phone. My wife also had companion status this year and I was her companion. So, prices dropped and I can't change the flights or rebook online because of the companion ticket that is attached.

Call in and some would rebook our flights at the on-line price and others refused. "we can't rebook on-line pricing". Hang up redial and the next person was happy to do it. This happened 3 times this year with the first person refusing. One call back and no problems from the next person.

Not very often, but occasionally, we'll get a snarly FA, but I guess everybody is entitled to a bad day, even in the service industry.

I am going to miss that Companion Status in 2014.:cry::cry: Or, maybe SW will screw up again and give it to her. She was not even close to the qualifiers required in 2012, but got it anyway.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  4. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Southwest. They're always cheaper (I have not searched for a flight in the last 5 years or so where they weren't cheaper (and usually cheaper by a big margain). They still have a lot of non stop flights and the whole bags fly free thing is huge in my book. They won a lot of brownie points from me by not adapting with the rest of the industry. I don't fly as much as I used to anymore but i've never met a rude FA on a Southwest flight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.