1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SWA dilemna to NV

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Bernie2, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tomorrow my SW flight is sold out in fact all flights are sold out. That being said what might I get from SW in the way of a voucher. My ticket was about $250 and if they can't get me out until the next day how much would that add. What a dilemma !! Thanks

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure what you are asking? Are you looking to get a volunteer bump for another, later flight? If so, maybe around $350-$400 credit, plus airfare on the new flight. More $ f not on the same day.

Give Suncoast another try.
    Our new favorite place to stay, but gamble at MSS
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. Not sure what he is asking or telling us. Already been bumped, or just asking? Being sold out the day before does not mean they won't find a seat for, due to no shows.

4. Frankr163

Frankr163 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What you can get is determined by several factors. Mainly it comes down to whether you are bumped or take a voluntary change.
    The basic rules can be found here:
    http://travelsense.org/Consumer/consumerdetail.cfm?ItemNumber=13894
    Personally I have gotten re-booked and given a voucher for $200 at SW for giving up my seat.
    My biggest score was thru AA, got re-booked and bumped up to 1st class and was awarded 2 $1000 vouchers. Supply and Demand are also a big factor.

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I just don't "get it", the whole thing about trying to profit from getting bumped, that is. When I'm on a pleasure trip I really want to get there and not waste time getting rebooked and such. I guess I put this in the same category as getting "paid" to sit through a timeshare presentation. I really value my time on vacation.

• Like Like x 2
  6. tfcoach72

tfcoach72 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with dmr on this one----

7. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, maybe it is "vacation" time, but if you are just goofing off and someone wants to give you a few hundred dollars and you go hang at the bar for a few hours... prettty good pay.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have taken the voluntary bump about 3 three times. Sometimes SWA just makes it too good to say no. Many times it is just a 3 hour delay for $300 each.

Now that being said and as I get older, I don't even consider it as an option any longer. Get me there ASAP.

9. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sit and wait......Near the podium IF I'm thinking of taking a bump if one is offered.
    They will Start at $100 voucher, plus cost of your ticket.
    When they jump to $300? Then I pounce IF I want to, but theres No time to think about it.

My tix are usually cheap, so thats Not a big draw for me.
    And if I need to check in for a Tourney? Then No to the bump.

But if I'm there with my carryon, and I know that another Nonstop is just a few
    hours away? Then yeah.

10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the Milwaukee airport they actually post it on the electronic gate screen if they are looking volunteers. We usually get there 2 hours early and if they are looking, it is already posted. 2 hours early + 3 hour delay = 5+hours in the airport bar. Getting too old for that.

11. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did that once on the flight back home a long time ago. I forgot which airline it was. The next flight was the next day. They gave a $200 voucher and a room for the night at Sunset Station. They provided transportation to and from the airport. That night I took a cab to the Strip and back where I ended up winning another $200. This was during the time I didn't get comps. Now I would rather get home as soon as possible, so my price to get bumped is always higher than what they are offering.

12. Bernie2

Bernie2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well here is what happened the first leg was oversold by 2 but the 2 didn' show. So it was off to MDW and their they needed me and I got about $600 in vouchers and the delay was about 8 hours was it worth it to me. I think so. Thanks for the imput.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  13. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Different people have different prices, but I would definitely take a $600 voucher. That's four free round-trips to Vegas for me. But I'm sure that their offer would differ based on where they were going.

14. Bernie2

Bernie2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to hear from you A&E for me it's about 1.5 trips to LAS and I not using points and nor going to the hip.

15. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is $75 an hour to sit around. Closer to $100 if you figure taxes - which of course you won't pay on this.

How many people get $100 an hour for sitting in a bar?

16. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where can I send my resume for that job?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.