1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SW Steakhouse questions...

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by klawrey, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking at making a reservation at SW at the Wynn. When I try and place the reservation online at the last step it takes me to make a room reservation (suggesting I need a room reservation to make a dinner reservation). My question is would I just be better calling to make the reservation since I am not staying at the Wynn and has anyone ever been that knows whether I can request a table on the terrace over looking the Lake of Dreams? Thanks.

2. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Give them a call. I've made a reservation both online and by phone without a problem.

You'll have better luck asking for a table on the terrace if you plan on visiting during the
    week...say Monday through Wednesday.
    Have a great visit and we recommend you try the wedge salad before your entree. Delicious.

4. fas87

fas87 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had bad luck with the online reservation system at wynncore. I usually call them when I need to make reservations there. I will be at sw steakhouse on dec. 3. It's one of my favorite steakhouses in the US.

5. Ross11988

Ross11988 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you prefer SW over Prime?

6. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Elvis, that link worked great. I don't know why I had trouble going through their site originally. Left a note on the reservation for table overlooking the Lake of Dreams. Any feelings on a nice tip for the Host/Hostess for a better table?

7. fas87

fas87 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I generally prefer sw over prime, but it's close. I think the steak is prepared a little better at sw, and the dining room at sw has more energy. I would go to prime over sw if I were looking for a more romantic or relaxed experience. Plus, a fountain view can't be beat.

We are going to be eating at Bellagio at another place with a fountain view the night before our dinner at sw when we're there in December, so sw was the obvious choice for us this trip.

My wife has a distinct preference for sw over prime, but thats just because they significantly overcooked her steak once at prime and then it took quite a while to get another. However, that only happened once and could happen anywhere.

These are just my opinions based on my experiences. Both are excellent.

8. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the atmosphere at SW, the service was impeccable, but my filet was just a little dry. 2nd fav. steakhouse behind Prime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.