1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SW Steakhouse questions...

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by klawrey, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking at making a reservation at SW at the Wynn. When I try and place the reservation online at the last step it takes me to make a room reservation (suggesting I need a room reservation to make a dinner reservation). My question is would I just be better calling to make the reservation since I am not staying at the Wynn and has anyone ever been that knows whether I can request a table on the terrace over looking the Lake of Dreams? Thanks.

2. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Give them a call. I've made a reservation both online and by phone without a problem.

You'll have better luck asking for a table on the terrace if you plan on visiting during the
    week...say Monday through Wednesday.
    Have a great visit and we recommend you try the wedge salad before your entree. Delicious.

4. fas87

fas87 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had bad luck with the online reservation system at wynncore. I usually call them when I need to make reservations there. I will be at sw steakhouse on dec. 3. It's one of my favorite steakhouses in the US.

5. Ross11988

Ross11988 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you prefer SW over Prime?

6. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Elvis, that link worked great. I don't know why I had trouble going through their site originally. Left a note on the reservation for table overlooking the Lake of Dreams. Any feelings on a nice tip for the Host/Hostess for a better table?

7. fas87

fas87 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I generally prefer sw over prime, but it's close. I think the steak is prepared a little better at sw, and the dining room at sw has more energy. I would go to prime over sw if I were looking for a more romantic or relaxed experience. Plus, a fountain view can't be beat.

We are going to be eating at Bellagio at another place with a fountain view the night before our dinner at sw when we're there in December, so sw was the obvious choice for us this trip.

My wife has a distinct preference for sw over prime, but thats just because they significantly overcooked her steak once at prime and then it took quite a while to get another. However, that only happened once and could happen anywhere.

These are just my opinions based on my experiences. Both are excellent.

8. RPMCanes

RPMCanes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the atmosphere at SW, the service was impeccable, but my filet was just a little dry. 2nd fav. steakhouse behind Prime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.