1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SW area 89178 zip

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by hootie33, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hootie33

hootie33 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any opinions on this area of Las Vegas? Looking at homes in Fort Apache Meranto community.

Thanks...

2. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

I live nearby in 89148. I watched that community built from the ground up. I'm not a fan of the three story Indigo homes, but that's a matter of personal taste. It's timing was poor. Majority were/are foreclosures and short sales. Though, that's the case most everywhere.

Blue Diamond has been widened and traffic moves well. Fort Apache is currently underconstruction and will be for sometime. The Waterpark will have it torn up for some time. Rhodes Ranch is building again. Most retail space in the vacinity has been vacant for years. It seems like more tenants are filling in, hopefully, the trend will continue. Everytime I think they're done with construction on Durango it's torn up again. Quite a few business there, servicing Mountain's Edge and Rhodes Ranch. Further down Blue Diamond more retail has filled in to support Mountain's Edge for awhile there that whole general area was pretty isolated for conveniences.

3. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The biggest drawback in that area is lack of commercial business. To do major shopping or in some areas to even get the basics a longer drive than you may want is your choice. With the slowdown in Vegas I think it might take longer than some want before the area gets buildt up. It could be a good buy today though and once it is developed correctly could be an attractive area to buy and invest in.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.