1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sushisamba Suggestions

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by NickyJ, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickyJ

NickyJ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Each trip to Vegas I like to try a new place to eat. So far I've shied away from Sushisamba at the Palazzo. While I've eaten sushi, it's not my favorite. For my next trip I'm thinking of giving Sushisamba a try and focusing on the 'samba' part of the menu. I'm hoping someone who enjoys eating there can suggest some items from the Robata section or other non-raw menu items that I might want to try. Thanks!

2. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love Sushi Samba, and used to go all the time before I moved Down to the Nugget for my stays.

Not been for a couple years, but will be making the visit this year, as it has been too long.

For appetisers, I always used to get the Rock Shrimp Tempura, and the Squid.

From memory, the Miso Marinated Sea Bass is very good, as is the Ribeye.

It's expensive, but we used to always get the Wagyu & Hot Rocks, which you cook yourself with the dipping sauces, and seasonings.

Our group didn't mind sushi, so we'd always end up spending a fortune. Oh, the Mojitos are good, too :)

Double digits!
  3. sr1972

sr1972 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GF and I went to SushiSamba in September and loved it! We also stayed away from the Sushi and focused on the Samba...

I ordered the Rio Grande Churrasco which included Ribeye, Chorizo, and Wagyu Picanha. My GF ordered the Organic Chicken Anticuchos served with Peruvian corn. My dish came with a side of beans, rice, and greens.. We could have easily shared my dish, it was that much food.

Both of our meals were absolutely amazing!! The meat was very well seasoned, very tender, and the sides were delicious. The entire meal was perfectly executed. Definitely make reservations, it gets really crowded and the lines waiting for a table can be long.. Enjoy!!

4. NickyJ

NickyJ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you both, very helpful replies. The Rio Grande Churrasco looks like a good choice for my husband too. Cooking on the hot stone might be fun to try,although I did see that the menu doesn't list a price, which is always a bad sign. ; ) Thanks again!

5. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No worries, I hope you both have a great time.

As for the hot rocks, IIRC it's ~$15oz, and they sell it in 2oz increments.

Double digits!
  6. iKande

iKande Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love Sushi Samba. They have more than sushi. The seabass is the best!

7. NickyJ

NickyJ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just wanted to report back that I ate at Sushisamba on my last trip and give it a thumbs up review! We had a great server who helped us select items from several parts of the menu and made it a good dining experience. From drinks to dessert, everything was tasty. Thanks again to the posters who recommended I give it a try!

8. Kdiamond

Kdiamond Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, the rock shrimp and the stone cooked wagyu is unbelievable!!

9. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Rock Shrimp is definitely my favourite app, and we usually get a couple orders if there are 3+ eating.

Glad that you had an enjoyable experience, and that the food was good.

Double digits!
  10. FilthyMcNasty

FilthyMcNasty Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually also make it a point to eat here when I'm in Vegas. Can't help you on meals, only have had drinks and apps. The pork belly is a must. It's the best I've had. They also have some grilled pepper item that is awesome.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.