1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Surprise 10 year vow renewal

Discussion in 'Vegas Weddings' started by sigepmike, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sigepmike

sigepmike Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just looking for some opinions...

I am taking my wife to LV for a vow renewal for our 10th anniversary. I am looking for opinions on the best place. I'm thinking about a cheesy Elvis ceremony. I have looked at a ton of places, including Little White Chapel, Viva Las Vegas, Mon Bel Ami, Graceland, Elvis Chapel, etc. Any opinions on the best one? I don't mind spending money, but, I don't see a big reason to break the bank on this event, as it's going to be cheesy and it is a renewal as opposed to our actual wedding.

I've just read about the Wedding Wagon...and now I'm wondering if that might make more sense.

Thanks for any insights.

2. BlackJackLady

BlackJackLady Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We renewed our vows for our 10th anniv. at Excalibur's chapel. I was about 150.00 at the time, included flowers, ceremony and pictures. We wore our Renaissance garb and they even allowed us to incorporate the Scottish dagger ceremony. I would also check out Wee Kirk o' the Heather.

3. sjross2

sjross2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you're in the same position we were a couple months ago - looking to do something small, kitschy, and not breaking the bank. I ended up doing a LOT of searching and looked at almost every option in Vegas that woudl fit the bill including those you mentioned. Ultimately, we decided on having a drive-thru ceremony in a pink Cadillac at The Little White Wedding Chapel. Not as kitschy-Vegas as having Elvis perform the ceremony, but we decided that simple was better given that we'll have no guests at the ceremony. We'll be in Vegas next weekend for the ceremony and I'll post an update after we return.

4. sigepmike

sigepmike Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sjross, you are exactly right in what we are looking for. I want to have a good time, make a memory and have a couple of great photos. I'll be looking forward to your opinion. I actually looked at the pink Cadillac with Elvis as an option.

5. sunshine54

sunshine54 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This idea, I like too.

Who knows, what kind of limousine will be used from vivalasvegasweddings.com for pickup at hotel ?

Will it be a 8 passenger Lincoln Limo ? Or much smaller ?

6. sjross2

sjross2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sigepmike - we just got back from our Vegas trip and the pink Caddy renewal at A Little White Chapel was well worth it. The cost was reasonable (about $200 for the ceremony + officiator fee, driver tip, & photog tip) and the experience was complete Vegas kitsch. I wrote up a report about it under trip reports, but will give you the short, short version here.

Highlights:
    - got Elvis officiator for no added costs
    - although kitschy, the service was very nice/personable (and even got my wife to cry at one point)
    - polite/prompt service
    - round-trip limo transfer
    - fresh flowers
    - great pictures

Lowlights:
    - no drinking allowed at chapel while waiting for your ceremony
    - Caddy doesn't "drive thru" - rather it's parked in the tunnel and you walk out to have the service while sitting in the back of it
    - less desirable area of town (but you're not walking around so not really a big deal)

All in all, this was pretty much exactly what we were looking for. You shouldn't confuse this with a place to have an elegant ceremony, but if you're looking for something to have a ton of fun with, this is a great option.

7. djm63

djm63 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are renewing our vows :kiss: and using the Wedding Wagon..we are soo excited and Rev Andy has been great in corresponding with us. Taking a group of 10, 2 "newbies" in the group so have lots of "firsts" planned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.