1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Superbowl week/weekend

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by vegasqc, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked my trip jan 28 to feb 4

Its gonna be my first time for Superbowl week no hotel yet but as of right now it dont see any price hike in fact its cheaper that the week before

Are the shows around town gonna be the same old thing or can i expect some extra "headliners" ( music or comedy) since its such a big weekend

Same thing for the clubs can i expect some big party hosted by celebrities or is it just like any other weekend

Anything else special to watch for or avoid during that week?

I dont really care about the game/viewing parties or anything super bowl related im interessed in " big name" entertainers

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  2. floridavegas

floridavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went last year over superbowl weekend, I don't like crowds so was apprehensive, but I ended up really enjoying it. I do not watch sports of any kind - but the "electricity" in the air was fun. People wearing team jersey's...

Of course, table limits were increased, the bars and everything in general was busier. We had invitations to a gathering at Monte Carlo, in was in the theater - however we did not attend.
    I do vividly remember the game was playing on the TV's above the pits. During the game was a great time to hit up machines as everyone was busy.

Once you book info/invitations will start coming. The sports bar places also seem to book-up and sell out quickly. I remember Sporting House at NYNY was standing room only.

I think we booked a "package" thru Monte Carlo.. It was something like 2 comp nights, game day entry, some freeplay and F&B.

You will have a great time!!! :beer:

3. hundth

hundth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This will be my 4th year in a row being in Vegas for the Super Bowl. IMO it is the best time I've had in Vegas. If I were you i would be booking a room soon. Rates will skyrocket, and comps for low and mid rollers will be blacked out. I booked my rooms a month and a half ago, and was able to get Super Bowl Sunday comped at the MGM. The people booking it for me in their VIP services were even surprised that I was able to get it. There will be tons of viewing parties and the sports books will all be standing room only. People get up at 6 or 7 am to reserve their seats in the books. The table limits will also be high on that weekend, don't be surprised if minimums are $25 and higher for all games.

4. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also go out for the SB each year and one thing I can tell you...book your room now. The prices will jump quick.

5. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man O Man are you in for a good time. SuperBowl weekend is the greatest. If you can deal with the larger crowds and table minimums you will meet a lot of interesting people. I have done 8 Super bowls over the past 12 years in Vegas. Trying to line up this year. Depending what teams play will influence the crowd that come to Vegas as their fan base. Viewing parties are some of the best. Do yourself a favor and fly out on Tuesday after Superbowl. The airport crowd is insane. Book now as room rates will get insane!

6. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im going tuesday to tuesday so i will avoid the airport rush didnt even think about that one

I dont play table games( slot and electronic bj/roulette only ) so high limits wont affect me too much

Thanks for the advice about the room

I think i found the best deal ever i got sunday night (and also monday) at the MGM Grand for 47500 myvegas points per night cause believe it or not they included FEB 2 in the One Complimentary Room Night (Sunday-Thursday) *bonus dates*

Guess they forgot about the superbowl cause MGM is the only one offering that date in the bonus category

Ill do jan 28-29-30-31-feb 1 at the flamingo and feb 2-3 at the MGM

Now what i would really like to know is about possible headliners that weekend Is this a good week for big shows or are all the big stars at the actual superbowl lol

7. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there just the last SuperBowl weekend and I don't remember seeing any special Headliners making appearances, just the normal gathering if you will. It really is all about the game that weekend with all the specials geared towards that.

8. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember seeing some comedy headlines, but not big names at any music venues. The hotels will be trying to pack in the VIP's, so a lot of the typical show venues will be flipping over to Vegas viewing party areas on Sunday.

So outside of MGM Arena, UNLV, etc I wouldn't expect to see any concerts.

9. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im already seing Britney, so a comedy headliner would be great, im just hoping venitian, wynn, mirage..... will have someone.

10. The Equalizer

The Equalizer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    George Strait played at MGM this year on Saturday before the superbowl there is usually a big name on Saturday night before if your interested in who it is and if your able to get tickets is a crap shoot .

11. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Super Bowl weekend is an awesome time to be there. Great for sports book. If you see lower hotel rates now, grab them. You can always rebook later if you find lower rates. But they will spike up big time as game day approaches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.