1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Super Fiasco

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by jerseyguy, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The local news here is telling tales of a horrible experience on NJ trains getting to and from the game. 2 hour plus waits ,people passing out, a complete disaster. The NFL decided this would be a NYC event,god forbid people stay in Jersey hotels that could shuttle them to the game and in some cases fans could walk to the game from nearby hotels . All in the name of secutity,well at one point the lines were so backed up they just waved everybody thru. At least it didnt snow.

2. lithium78

lithium78 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've needed better mass transit between NJ and NYC for commuters for years, but the tunnel project got shutdown. When I lived in Newark, I used to commute to NYC and it was such a huge hassle even on good days. On bad days, such as when a train was disabled on one of the only two tracks out of the city, I'd be stuck in Penn Station for hours trying to get home. The NFL really should have known better.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too bad about all that... from a lay person's just watching the game though, everything sure looked great. The weather cooperated, the fireworks looked FANTASTIC and even Joe Willie's fur coat look fabulous!! Wouldda been nice if both team's showed up for the game however.

4. Kickin

Kickin Flea

The commuting part was always going to be a headache with the way they were restricting transportation to just using the Secaucus train line or the fan buses. Last week we were all saying we wouldn't go to the game even if someone handed us tickets just because of this. My brother works for one of the big banks and they were being persuaded to take clients to the Super Bowl but hardly anyone wanted to do it. He told me they actively avoided talking about the game with their clients during the last few weeks.

One constant of this region remains, commuting will always suck and NJTransit will always be a major clusterfuck.

I agree with smartone though that they put on an impressive show. Even though the game sucked the halftime show and all the celebratory stuff came out great.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.