1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Super Bowl Weekend with the Hogman's

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Hogman, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I have been to Vegas a lot lately and I am guilty of reading trip reports but not writing them. I made it to the first craps shoot and met a lot of great board members. I ended up winning that trip but lost a little on a trip 11/30-12/3 and I lost a lot on a trip with Mrs. Hogman on 1/8-1/12. I had already made reservations for a super bowl trip before the January trip (even though SW flights were able to be cancelled). We went anyway.

We flew Southwest out of Tulsa and left Friday arrived in Vegas about 3pm and after picking up car at Hertz, we were checked into the Palazzo for 2 nights. We went right down and ate at the Grand Lux. I had the Salisbury steak dinner and Mrs. had a Wood grilled BBQ Burger. Both dishes were very good. Almost everything we eat there is very good.

I then went down and signed for my credit line and went to the craps tables. I bought in and after playing about an hour I was down $500. I walked over to Venetian and played for a while and was down another $350. I walked back to the Palazzo bought in at craps again and won back $400. I went back to the room down $450 and rested for awhile. After resting for an hour or so I decided to go back downstairs and played for a couple of more hours and had 2 losing sessions of $400, $700 so I decided to call it quits down $1550 for the day.

Got up Saturday morning pretty early and went downstairs about 8am and after about an hour or so down $400 more. I called Mrs. H and met her at the Grand Lux and had the express breakfast which is a pretty good value for Vegas. I again went to the craps table and lost $400 more after about an hour of play (a common theme). I decided to walk over to TI and after another hour or so I am down another $300. I walk back over to Palazzo and I have a snack at the Bouchon bakery. I am now down $2650. I decide to play once more at Palazzo before going back to rest before dinner. This time it is a lot better and after playing I leave up $600.

We went to Delmonico’s and had a great dinner. We both had wilted spinach salad. Mrs. H had a Bone-in rib eye and I had one of the specials a Bone-in Filet and we split an order of Grits. Both steaks were very good but the filet was outstanding. We split a Banana Cream Pie which was very good.

Went back to the craps table and this time the dice are kind again and I win another $700 so I am down $1300. I go get my match play coupons and buy in at another table and I was not watching like I should and was shorted a $100 on my buy in but didn’t realize it until after a roll or two. They usually give 5 blacks in buy in and I only had 4 after second roll. I was mad at myself for not catching it and the table was bad and I lost $300 more so I left down $400. I walked over to the next table with the remaining $600. I played for awhile and got down to about $300 and I started rolling and I rolled for a long time I made 4 or 5 points and a lot of numbers. On 3 or 4 of the points I would make the point on the first roll after the point was set. I colored up for $1700 so $1100 winner. I am now down $650 and I go to bed.

We get up the next morning I pay off my markers and check and I had played 10 and 1/2 hours at $150/avg. We were moving to Cosmo and I figured since super bowl weekend, we would have a hard time checking in early. We decided to eat breakfast at Dupars. I had pancakes and my wife had French toast, both were good as usual. I played about an hour at Golden Gate, the table was up and down but I was able to quit up $300.

We had 2 nights free offer in basic city room. We paid to upgrade to terrace room ($30/night) plus resort fee ($30/night). We were give a terrace one bedroom, which was very nice but no view. I went down and set up credit line and went to the tables. This was about an hour before the super Bowl. All the tables were $50 so I decided to go ahead and play. I usually place 5 or 6 numbers but since the limit was so high I just played 4 numbers. There were just 3 of us at table. I am down a little a couple of hundred when everyone left. I decided to roll one time and had a pretty good roll leaving up $500. I am not a sports bettor but I went to watch the SB in my room. I watched the first quarter and I figured it might be a long day for the Panthers. I called my wife and we went to The Henry. She had a Reuben and I had a Hamburger with an egg on it and Tater tots. It was all very good. I think the Henry is one of B S 's favorite places.

- - - Updated - - -

I go back to the tables this is during the SB and table limits are now as low as $15. I get marker for $1000 and I bet the make them all 2 way $5/1. The first shooter rolls all 3 of the features which nets me about $900. Her husband had $30/40/30 on ATS which I think paid $9140. I leave the table up $1000. I am now up about $1150

I played at a couple of more tables and I dropped $400 and $500 so now up $250. I had noticed as I was playing (Super Bowl had just finished) that the table I was on the limit went from $15 to $100. I colored up and looked for another table. All the tables were $100. I cannot play that high, so I decided to go to the Aria. I walked over and looked for tables they did have some lower limits. I found a $25 and bought in for $1000. The first shooter rolls for at least 30 minutes maybe more he hit the A/T/S and just kept rolling numbers and points. After it was all over I colored up $3575 up $2575. I walk back to the room and go to bed.

I get up early again and go get some coffee and go back to the tables again and had 3 sessions (-500, +125,-110) -485. We go eat breakfast I wanted to go to the Henry, wife wanted to go to Wicked Spoon, so we go on the long trek across the Cosmo to the WS. They were serving Brunch. I thought the food was good but not great.

I am having a hard time remembering but I know I had 2 more losing sessions -$550 and -350 and I moved to another table and had a $1500 winning session. I am pretty sure I hit another A/T/S. I played at another couple of tables and gave back $500 and $350. Then I moved again and played quite a while. This table was up and down and then it got really good. One shooter shot a long time and hit the all tall and after he finished the next shooter rolled a long time and hit the a/t/s. I had 5/5/5 the other 2 guys at the table had at least 25/50/25. So they were big winners. I left the table up $1700 so now I am up about $3800.

We go eat at Holsteins, Mrs. had the Mac and cheese and I had a classic burger. I thought both were very good.

After dinner, I start losing pretty good 3 sessions lost $400, $400 and $600. I decided to walk over to the Bellagio and started playing. It was up and down for awhile but I had a pretty good roll I rolled all the numbers except the 12 for the a/t/s and walked away up $425. I walked back over to Cosmo and quickly lost $300 more. I decided to go to the room get everything packed; we have to be at airport around 5am for an early flight home. I lie down and rest for about an hour. I counted my money I was up about $2500. But with Mrs. Hogman losing $1000 and I miscounting $500 I thought I was only up $1800 and I took $800 downstairs. As I was buying in they let the shooter throw the dice so I was not able to play the A/T/S. Of course the man rolled the feature bet and came within 2 tall numbers of rolling it twice in a row. I walked away up $1700. I found the host on duty and was able to get $150 comped off my hotel bill and went to bed.

I think the total win was $3200

First Trip 2017
  2. D in the D

D in the D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a lot of craps!. Nice report, thanks for sharing.

3. Raptor

Raptor High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing, sounded like a fun ride.

4. boxofbirds

boxofbirds High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice, a lot of Craps action. What do you usually bet?

Trip #12
  5. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually place the point for $30-60 and bet $100-135 across.

First Trip 2017
  6. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report, Hogman.

Love the craps detail! Thank goodness the Cosmo jacked it up to a hundred min otherwise you would've missed that great Aria roll!

Crazy that they shorted you on your buy in. I wonder if you could've asked them to review the tape?

7. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was just a mistake I should have caught it sooner. As you can see by my report I move tables pretty often and I just got careless I don't think it was intentional the dealers were pretty nice at palazzo now about 50% of the pit bosses were unfriendly jerks

First Trip 2017
  8. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I love the Palazzo crews. Most of the time I don't pay attention to the pit unless they're hanging around shooting the breeze during early morning sessions.

Nice to see you get a lot of hits on the ATS too

9. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I think I hit it 4 times in 2 days (they don't have it at v/p). I was defending the fire bet in a thread last week. Usually if you get within 1 number you 7 out, but this time that only happened once.

First Trip 2017
  10. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah they had it at V/P but took it out. I noticed it in July and the dealers there said they removed it because they were getting their asses kicked.

I've hit it a few times and have gotten within 1-2 numbers a lot of times...last time at my local place we needed the 2 and 12 (or one of the ) and we would've hit it four times in a row. Oh so close!

So you don't play pass with odds and just opt to place the point?

11. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just opt to place the points. Since most places don't count odds everything I bet gets counted for comps. Instead of being $60 avg I am $150 avg

First Trip 2017
  12. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool - always like to see the different ways people play

13. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report! And nice run with the ATS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.