1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Super Bowl is over! Hunter is back from the dead! Gimme your questions!

Discussion in 'Comps' started by PHVHost, Feb 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rgr, thanks for the info and insight.

2. koulton1988

koulton1988 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made diamond asp 1 level in December. am I able to redeem this reward all year or is there a certain time frame to redeem this. thanks.

3. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you made it in December, you're diamond is good till March 2016. If you're talking about the $100 celebration dinner, if I'm not mistaken you have till March 31st, 2015 to redeem it.

4. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. Think you need to use last year's Diamond aspiration 1 by March 31. You should then get another one after that. Same with the $100 celebration meal.

5. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Diamond doesn't work like that. Any Diamond benefits you earned in 2014, have to be used by March 31, 2015. You have Diamond status until March 31, 2016. You have to re-earn the Diamond benefits again(celebration dinner, if there is one, aspiration 1 and 2). If you earned 80k tier credits in 2014, you earned a Diamond trip that has to be used by March 31, 2015. You don't automatically get another trip on Aptil 1.
    7 Stars works differently. If you earned 7 Stars for the first time in 2014, you get all the benefits to use by March 31, 2015. Even if you didn't earn any tier credits in 2015, you are still 7 Stars ( to Mar 31/16), and get all the benefits.

6. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wanted to first thank Hunter for taking the time to take questions. I know you are very busy.

I have heard about a TC promo but not really sure what it is and when. I believe it has something to do with bonus TC and making platinum or diamond in a day. I am pretty much a mlife guy in Vegas but have been finding myself at CET in other cites like KC or NOLA. I will be back in Vegas in March and have been thinking hard about giving PHO a good days play if I can get some status. Thanks in advance.

7. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I can answer this for you.

Until March 31st, Total rewards is offering a 50% bonus on the tier credits you earn. This includes Tier Credits earned from bonus structure. So to get Platinum, you need 5000 tier credits. With this promotiom, you'd instead only need to earn roughly 3333 tier credits because the 50% bonus would get you to 5000. Important to remember that the bonus credits are not applied until mid-april, so if you earn 3333 credits, you won't actually get platinum status until April, so hopefully you have another trip for this year. The bonus also applies to the standard bonus' that TR offers:

Earn 500 Tier Credits and receive 125 Tier Credits
    Earn 1,000 Tier Credits and receive 1,000 Tier Credits
    Earn 2,500 Tier Credits and receive 5,000 Tier Credits
    Earn 5,000 Tier Credits and receive 10,000 Tier Credits

Those are per-day bonus. So say you earn 1,000 TC in a day, you will get the 1,000 bonus the next day, plus another 1,000 bonus in april. If you did 5,000 in a day, you'd get 10,000 the next day, and another 7,500 in April.

5000 total = platinum
    15000 total = diamond

Hopefully this answers your question

8. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is helpful. When did the promo start? And is it automatic or do you have to opt in to it?

Thanks

9. joaks

joaks desert tortoise

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jan 1st -March 31. It's automatic, but you have to earn at least 1000 TCs during that time period to be eligible.

10. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks.

11. PHVHost

PHVHost High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We can only book one offer at a time. Back to back offers require management approval, so whichever offer you book under is what you receive, not the combination of two. If you have a voucher you received not associated with the booking, that is different.

12. PHVHost

PHVHost High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All tier benefits earned in prior year need to be redeemed by 3/31

13. PHVHost

PHVHost High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We offer TC bonuses based on tc's earned during the gaming day. So to make Diamond in a day you need to earn 5k TC's, which gives you a 10k bonus. We are also giving a 50% match on all tc's earned (including daily bonuses) up to 50k in earned tc's for a 25k match. If you get to 125k earned TC's by 3/31, you make seven star since we will match with 25k tc;s.

14. homanga

homanga Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hunter,

Curious question...I have an upcoming trip with 2 friends of mine one of which has room offers etc to that will cover our boarding needs for the trip. What affect does putting my name on the room or attaching an additional players # to the room do to how I am rate. Am I better off not putting name on the room and just gambling as scheduled, or would I get the same benefit/treatments from a comp perspective if I just booked my own offer (room with small free play offer)? Basically by putting my name/TR# on the room with him what affect does that have...because I know I won't be able to get the free play offer I have available if I don't book my own room separately which seems like a waste.

15. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hunter,
    I noticed on my last trip, allot of variance in the Diamond lounge offerings. Both in food and booze (e.g what top shelf brands are available).
    Who oversees the amenities the DL offers at each property (meaning who decides what they serve)? It seems they cut the quality offering at the higher
    traffic diamond lounges. Paris DL was really disappointing, and some of the formerly comp'd brands of alcohol were not available at Caesars. Did not
    get to PHo lounge this past visit.

This Tier benefit is one of the high value ones over MGM, so I was wondering if the local GM over the property has absolute control over these.

Also can you confirm if and when The Linq will open a diamond lounge at their property.

Thanks
    Funk

16. shellieshoe

shellieshoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A question about hosts getting credit. I am 7 star and usually always book my trip through my host. If I book an offer online on my total rewards account - will my host get credit for my play that trip?

At one of my CET properties my host is a contract host and works weekends only so sometimes it is hard to contact him and I hate to bother him so I booked my upcoming trip online. I do want to make sure he gets credit for my play though.

17. PHVHost

PHVHost High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If a host is offically coded to you, no matter how you book whether through him/her or online, they still get credit. Even if you book online, it is still expected that the host earn your business and service you while on property.

18. PHVHost

PHVHost High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure about other properties, but the diamond lounge at PH has not changed any of their offerings whatsoever. Can't speak for the other lounges but I'll ask around. Haven't heard anything about the Linq and any plans for a diamond lounge, I'll inquire about that as well.

19. PHVHost

PHVHost High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So your friend has a comp room, why are you putting your name on it? Putting your name on a room doesn't affect anything if it is an additional to your offer/comp room. Since additional rooms, no matter the value of the customer, are done at a rate, it will only affect things if your play is high enough to comp it off. I have customers that do that all the time. Your comps have absolutely no bearing on your average daily play value, although if you have way too many comps compared to play, you might find that hosts will be hesitant to comp as much until either play improves or you become a cheaper date.

20. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm glad you posted that. So much so, that I quoted it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.