1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Summer travel plans

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Now that June finally is at hand, where're y'all going this summer?

Bunch of short trips here: San Diego area, La Quinta, Portland, Tucson, staycation (golf boys invading here for the annual junket), Vegas. A week in Banff and Jasper. The big one is two weeks in Kauai. And if things all come together, about when summer cedes way to fall ... Bandon!!

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds wonderful! We only have one trip planned so far. I've got so much going on lately that it's hard to plan more than a few weeks out. We've got a trip to Idaho coming up for Dan's birthday. I also hope to grab some weekends away here and there.

Dan's work at the hospital means we have less freedom to get away. :( He's on call every 3rd week and the 2nd week of every month he has to be in the office for a monthly project he manages. Yeah, working sucks.

3. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well ken2v with my Mother turning 80 this year alot of things are gonna happen..My family is planning alot more time at the cottages this year seems everyone has been so busy in past years that we all decided time is of essence here,,,It will be divided between the cottage in Paw Paw,Mi and the other in Bass Lake ,In...Otherwise the Family Vegas trip to Vegas is still planned ...Sorry for getting so personal about it but hey..:beer:

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. I thought I had a lot of trips planned :) Mine are pretty tame compared to yours.

Back to Vegas June 11 for 3 nights. I am taking my free M Life cruise in July with my sister, who invited herself along. Should be interesting as we are complete opposites. Hoping for the best - big ship, but small cabin.

And then unless Vegas treats me better then it has on my last 4 trips, my fall Vegas trip is going to change to a Disney World trip.

5. ken2v

Love the family get together stuff!!

6. Bookie21

Bookie21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    St. Johns, Newfoundland, Whitefish, Montana and of course Las Vegas for me this summer

7. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are doing a 12 day Mediterranean cruise at the end of June with a little bit of a different itinerary than the Med cruise we took about 5 years ago. Has a few stops we wanted to see, so here is the line up. We are spending 2 extra days up front in Venice, and 2 days on the back end in Rome.

Venice / Croatia / Montenegro / Greece / Malta / Capri / Pompeii (been here already) / Nice (side trip to Monte Carlo) / Portofino / Rome

Also hiking Mt. Whitney again at the end of July, so we have some training hikes along the way in the Sierras to get us ready for that.

November MGM cruise to Western Carribbean on Oasis of the Seas.

Vegas - June 22, Sept 14th for Mayweather fight, and again in October and November.

8. Watts

Watts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be in Whitefish as well for 10 days in June with the family. I'm really looking forward to it.

9. mesa

mesa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just got back we were on the road 25 days and 5,573 miles. Thanks Subaru for getting us everywhere safe and comfortable
    New Mexico(Albq), Texas(Sweetwater,Austin),Louisiana(Broussard),Florida( Tallahassee,Clearwater,Sanibel Island) ,Georgia(Savannah),North Carolina(Asheville), Tennessee(Nashville,Memphis) Oklahoma City and home.
    Now we booked Vegas for the 4th to see Garth B again .

10. Bookie21

Bookie21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whitefish has some amazing golf courses. Heading there for a guys golf trip

11. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Big Island of Hawaii next week for me. Then Palm Springs June 25th, Vegas on July 29th, Vegas on Sept 6th, and Lewiston ID on a couple of weekends in between.

12. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading to Philly to attend the US Open at Merion. Gonna spend July 4th at Port Aransas. A week in the Texas Hill Country in August. A young man from Germany who lived with us as an exchange student 10 years ago is coming for a visit. We'll hang with him in San Antonio for a few days. Now that he is legal - he wants to go to Vegas. It will be a great sacrifice on my part but we will take him to Vegas in early September.

We're have some fun stuff planned before, but I'm spending my free time dreaming, planning and anticipating the Vegas trip!

later, GVJ

13. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally we don't vacation in the summer (we prefer to get away in an off season and more important - a time when the kids are in school!:peace:) We went to Austin a couple weeks ago (business for me but we went early so we could have fun) My big birthday trip is actually going to be in August- sailing in the BVIs. :peace:Probably some weekends in the mountains (NC mtns, south of Boone - my mom's cabin) possibly a weekend in Asheville. Come autumn, my sister in MKE is having a baby so we'll be heading to the midwest. Nothing else planned at the moment. I'm hoping we get a couple new grants funded with our partners in Tanzania so I can go back there:thumbsup:

14. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    for me just vegas and work ha....

I dont take alot of vacation because I have my son with me for almost the whole summer... we may hit the beach which we usually do every summer for a week...

Heading to Playa Del Carmen at the end of Nov for a wedding and turning it into a 8 day/7 night getaway with family

15. ken2v

Cool. Never played up that way. Played Old Works and Yellowstone Club, but that's it for Big Sky Golf for me.

16. a19ucla84

a19ucla84 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In June a trip to San Francisco and Lake Tahoe. In July, two weeks in Barcelona and Madrid.

17. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seattle in July
    Maine in Sept
    Vegas in Oct
    San Fran in November
    Vegas for Christmas

That will make a total of 11 trips by air this year. Next year back to normal as my wife loses her companion privileges on SWA.:cry:

It was a fun, adventure filled year. All trips in the US.

I love retirement!:thumbsup:

Christmas
  18. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Madrid and Barca are on my list... The food scene is amazing and the locals are (mostly) friendly. with the obvious caveat for watching out to pickpockets etc...

for us its an 8 day cruise with the kiddies and then saving vacation for when the parents come to florida for winter.... no idea how long either set will be with us (in both senses of the phrase) so we'll make the most of that.

may try to explore Florida a bit more though...

19. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Road Trip

Yosemite, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Sedona, Albequerque, Sante Fe, Colorado Springs, Omaha, Ames, St. Paul, Badlands(Mt. Rushmore), Yellowstone, Salt Lake.:peace:
    Any suggestions for "things to do" at these stops?

Superbowl Baby
  20. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife and I spent the Memorial Day weekend in Budapest. Nice City.

June - Six nights in Ireland. Three nights in Poland at the end of the month.

July - Busy month for me. Fly to Vegas for seven nights and go to Oslo, Norway for six nights two days after I get back from Vegas.

August - Interlaken, Switzerland for two nights.

Labor Day weekend - Brussels Beer festival.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.