1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Summarized MDW TR

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by broncofn, May 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

This will be a summarized report from Saturday-Wednesday

Flights:

DCA-LAS and back

Flew usair non-stop first class. Flight back was delayed 2 1/2 hours.

Shows:

Absinthe was great but wife didn't really get into it until later on since she was tired. After a few drinks, she loved it.

MJ1:

Had sec 102 row J seats 15-16 comped. Awesome seats and a fabulous show. We wanted to see it again! MUST see show.

Hotels:

Stayed in a Aria corner suite which was very nice. Was double booked at Cosmo 1 bedroom terrace suite to take advantage of $750 promo chips and $200 f&b credit but we didn't stay in it (view from terrace was overlooking bellagio fountains). Booked 1 nite at wynn on Monday which we stayed in last second thru my host in a regular strip view room because I needed to get away from Aria (more details to come).

Dining:

STK which was good but too loud. SW steakhouse which was delicious. I had the A5 strip steak and was melt in your mouth good. Craftsteak which was very good. We shared the Australian waygu ribeye which was good but liked the A5 much better. The rest of the meals were at caf├ęs, on the pool etc.

Gambling:

Saturday night was up $3,000 at Cosmo playing blackjack before dinner at stk and absinthe and put it all back plus 15k at aria playing baccarat and blackjack. Sunday lost 1500 at bellagio playing baccarat and won 1000 playing blackjack at Mandalay Bay after MJ1. Lost again at aria. Monday lost again at aria and decided to call my host at wynn to book 1 night as we had dinner there anyways and won close to 12k playing blackjack. Tuesday lost 5500 playing blackjack at whiskey bar or whatever it's called at mgm before dinner at Craftsteak (my dealer was the guy from the undercover boss show!) and lost again at aria playing blackjack. Also put 200 thru the lions share after dinner praying to hit and to stop the bleeding!

Checkout day:

Had room service with my wife and only took 3 bites of food at aria. I'm sure it was because I was thinking about the losses.

Summary:

My tally from gambling is about -19k from gambling alone. I believe somewhere some numbers got messed up and showing more. Had almost all of the losses back at the wynn and should've stopped but lost it all back and plus more between mgm and aria.

Had all of my room charges and shows (except absinthe which I paid for) picked up at both wynn and aria without using my express comps.

Stats: (all gambling was done in high limit rooms)

Wynn 1 night:

8 hours $420 avg on blackjack +$11,300 (I think it was more)

Aria 4 nights (slept 3 nights)

7hrs 30 min between baccarat and blackjack $502 avg -$28,900 (also think it's more)

I never bothered getting the rest of my stats from the other places I played and that is why we left aria for one night since it was going really bad for me.

All in all, we still had great trip. I will be back July 11 for a Cosmo baccarat tournament and to sign up for the LVH supercontest which is a nfl handicapping contest.

Hope it was an enjoyable read!

(Forgot to add we went to Cromwell. Very nice smaller property. Played paigow, playing 2 hands and won $600)

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  2. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great fast TR.

Damn, down 19k. Stay away from Mlife. Go back to the Wynn.

Win that shit back next trip from Cosmo or Wynn, or even better both. :beer:

How was STK? I have never tried it. Guess I will never try it since it is at Mlife.

3. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking the exact same thing when I was there about staying away from mgm corp!! Won everywhere besides their properties.

4. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was thinking the same thing riddick since I won at every property I played at besides mandalay bay which is mgm owned.

Stk is part of Cosmo and is good. My wife didn't like the loudness of it probably because of the music and being the first night.

5. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, my bad. I was thinking about stripsteak.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry about the losses; better luck on your next trip!

7. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thnx breanna!

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The dealer from undercover boss? Was this guy trying to teach Murren to deal blackjack or something?

I really don't watch the show.

Nice summary!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.