1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Suggestion for something inexpensive Sunday night.

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by dreric, Feb 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DW, I and a couple of others will be getting in around dinner time on Sunday. We are staying at the Encore, but wanting to go somewhere a little less expensive the first night. One of the thoughts I had was Palace Station for their buffet. Am I going to regret it? Not wanting to drive that far the first night, so suggestions are appreciated.

2. roycpa

roycpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Driving from the car rental facility at McCarran or driving into town from CA or elsewhere? How much do you want to eat? Palace Station is perfectly OK, but certainly doesn't compare with any of the eating places at Wynncore. Give us some more info, please. I always get a kick (pardon my assumptions) from those who are staying at one of the most expensive hotels in town and want to save $10 on a meal.

3. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going in to Encore on a feeler comp. We are coming in from the car rental facility, but want to check in first. First thought was Red Rock but didn't want to drive 20 miles (besides that I want to get back and park the car so I can get my drink on). I was thinking M Resort, but it's $30something for Sunday night buffet. Hitting EI for breakfast the next morning so don't want to ruin the effect for the people traveling with us. We are all buffet people and probably doing Wynn the next night.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You asked, so my thoughts. I do agree with a lighter/less fancy dinner after a day of travel. Heck, you may not even feel like eating.

I would not drive ANYWHERE. You are within walking distance of a hundred options. Granted, many of them are a bit expensive, but not all.... why drive anywhere, especially after flying, shuttling, getting car, dealing with parking (valet or self park) checking in, getting car again, etc. This is supposed to be a vacation/break/getaway.

If you want a cheaper buffet, head over to TI or Harrahs, or one of so many restaurants in V/P or even the mall across the street (might be too late). I really think you could find 100 places to eat in less walking time than if take to get car and even get off the strip.

Oh yea, you can then drink all you want. And gamble to and from dinner. And - well, hell... you are in Vegas - not in a car. Worse case - eat at Outback - LOL!

5. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coming from the car rental spot, you could hit yard house at town square. It's reasonable with a good variety. I ate at the one at the Linq for lunch one and was happy.
    You could also get to the encore and walk to tacos al pastor just north of encore. Haven't been since it reopened but it is great Mexican street food CHEAP.

6. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want real casual, Strip Burger is practically across the street - great burgers! Grand Luxe Cafe at the Venetian/Pallazzo gets great reviews (also casual). If you want to search for some deals, Restaurant.com and Groupon always have some pretty good Vegas deals. You're also only about a block away from the Peppermill - it's a Vegas classic.

- Linda in TX

7. Ladybb9201

Ladybb9201 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The cafe at Palace Station is really good, I was pleasantly surprised. It was much better than the buffet!

8. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. Don't drive! Go to the taco stand by the mall or just go to one of the places in the mall.

9. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grand Lux at the Venetian/Palazzo or the Peppermill have cocktails at the Fireside Lounge before or after your meal, a unique Vegas experience.

Winter break
  10. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stripburger across the street from Encore gets my vote! Agree with others posters on Grand Lux and Peppermill as decent dining options and far better then a cheap buffet. Yard House was mentioned as well and would be a great option if you don't mind going a little out of the way. You could either stop at town square on the way from the airport or hit up the Linq location.

11. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even if I stay at Circus Circus I would not drive to Palace Station for their buffet, or any restaurants there.
    Granted it's cheap and edible, but nothing worth the effort of going there for food.

12. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes--you might be the first person ever to stay at Encore and make a special trip to palace station to eat! There are perfectly serviceable (if unremarkable) cheapish places at the fashion show mall across the street from Encore.

13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, I doubt I would drive anywhere no matter what the price or quality. Between all the hassle of driving, then drinking and all the other options, just not gonna do it.

14. dede021

dede021 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never tried this but it has been on my bucket list forever. Its the $7.99 for steak and shrimp with mash potato at Lucky's the coffee shop at the Hard Rock. I believe they still have it but its a off the menu item that you must ask for.

15. Geogran

Geogran OTD Tea Sipper

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Across the street from Encore - Grand Lux Cafe at Venetian and at Palazzo (I prefer Venetian) - open 24 hours, large menu selection, something for everyone and reasonable prices, plus you can get your drink on and walk back to Encore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.