1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Suggest anniversary spot and other restaurants....

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by janda, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janda

janda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I will be in Vegas from Nov 3-7 - we will be celebrating our 5th anniversary. I am the planner so I need some suggestions for a good place for anniversary night - then I need some suggestions for breakfast and dinner for the other dates....even any good places I might find Restaurant.com certificates.....we have only been to Vegas one other time - last August. We ate at Lavo, Tacos and Tequilas, a place in Cosmo (cant remember the name), MGM cafe (breakfast), Hash House a go go (breakfast), and a few quick food court bites.

Also we are foodies and are not picky eatters. So open to any type of cuisine but a variety. Dont like to do just steak or Italian 4 nights straight.

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have a budget for these meals? There are some spectacular restaurants for a special meal, but some can be pricey.

There are usually good restaurant reviews in the trip reports too, so give that section a look for some ideas too.

3. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sonya has it right...how special? Can you go $200 a plate? Because if so, you can do really, really special. But you can also get really good food for a lot less, if that's your range. So knowing what you want to spend will help you get the best advice.

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And where are you staying or do you have a car?

5. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a car give Babystacks a glance for breakfast. I tried them after reading Westie's trip report and we loved the place. Granted, the service was slightly slow but the food was fantastic. Babystacks has a site, just run a search.

6. janda

janda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not renting a car. Also do not know which hotel yet but we can take a cab where ever. I guess I would prefer somewhere on the strip for the anniversary dinner. Are any of the places looking over the Bellagio fountains great, or over rated?

As for price range - 125-150 for 2 people. We could honestly go higher than that but would much rather spend that money over a few days and not just one dinner. I would be concerned with good atmosphere and good food, maybe a good view?!

7. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume you will want a glass of wine or cocktail. So for that price range with a nice view of the fountains I'd pick Mon Ami Gabi. I love that place and it is romantic and you can sit outside if you like.

8. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So many people have recommended this place that I'm putting it on my list for my next trip.

9. cloudi63

cloudi63 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We loved "Prime" at "Bellagio" the food was amazing!! We requested a window seat a couple of months in advance, over-looking the Bellagio fountains, we let them know it was our "1st wedding anniversary" (back then), we recently celebrated our 3rd, anyway, although the music could barely be heard, everything was just amazing! My husband said he would like to make "Prime" our traditional anniversary dinner, that is if we can make it to Vegas during that time.

10. jmsvss

jmsvss Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We enjoyed Aureole in Mandalay Bay. There is almost always a Restaurant.com certificate for them. There are tons of nice restaurants and everyone will have a fav. Aureole is nice because of the certificate.

11. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll put in a strong rec for Sinatra at Encore. Great food, great service, great atmosphere. Or Lakeside at Wynn.

12. janda

janda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys these are great recommendations!

13. Fidelis

Fidelis Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, have you considered Picasso at Bellagio hotel? It's perfect for a romantic fine dining experience. They have really good French and Spanish cuisines. To enhance the romantic ambiance, try getting a table at their outdoor patio where you can enjoy the view of Las Vegas Strip at the same time. Have fun!

14. janda

janda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what I am wondering though. We will be there in early November. Will it be a little too chilly to dine outside then?

15. aphitx

aphitx Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When my husband and I were dating he took me to the Eifle (sp) Tower- in late October. Great view of Bellagio Fountains and we lived our meal there.

Also have been to Aureole- also great!

16. joeynym

joeynym Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    looks good... may check out!!!!!!!!

17. chrisn42

chrisn42 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to put in my vote for Mon Ami Gabi. Great food, even better view, and not so crazy prices. Last time I was there we sat out on the patio and had a view of the eiffel tower, and of course the Bellagio fountains. Simply stunning!

If you're worried about the weather and are looking for a place with a view, you might want to check out Mix on the 64th floor of TheHotel. It's slightly more expensive but there is currently a restaurant.com certificate for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.