1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Strip trip Sept 9-15

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Horatio Hufnagle, Sep 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horatio Hufnagle

Horatio Hufnagle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Well, I'm 1 day away from leaving for Vegas and thought I'd attempt a trip report since I enjoy reading others so much. This is our annual dudes trip for week 1 nfl. We've been going with the same core of guys for about 8 years now. I am bouncing around as I'm taking advantage of CET and Mgm offers. So Weds and Thurs me and 2 buddys are staying Ballys with 3 more friends also staying there for their entire trip. Friday I get 3 nights comp at Mgm so I'll be there with one friend while 3 more move over to HRH. I finish up crashing with my friend at Mandalay Bay Monday night as our last guy is arriving late and staying til Weds. My preferred method for blowing my gambling wad is a combination of sports bets, blackjack, roukette, and a heavy dose of slots. Since the fellas I'm with are all similar in degenerate status, we often tag team the slots together in search of the elusive hand pay. One of the fellas staying with me has the golden touch on slots and we all try to glom on to him! We stick to buffalo and other aristocrat games. Also Michael Jackson , WOF, and whatever else we happen to feel at the moment. Only show I have planned is Celine Friday night with my buddys mom and sister who are coming in thursday. I expect to be misty eyed by song 2 like I was the last time I saw her. Don't hate! Thursday will be cabana time at Ballys. Haven't heard much good about the pool, but whatever. Friday will be lazy river at MGM. Sat is college football at Excalibur. It's a humble venue, I know, but it has been fine for accommodating our group of guys. We have learned to simply bet 10 bucks on the favorite to show in the horse races and get a nice number of drink tickets from that to keep up medicated. Sunday is our visit to Westgate. Which leaves Monday as a day of recovery and wound licking. The booze will flow heavily. I'll be mixing whisky drinks and the occasional beer. Only meal I have planned is Portofino Friday before Celine. That will be my first time there and I have the MyVegas reward to use up. So hopefully I'll give some updates along the way of our exploits and some pics hopefully as well. I'll attempt one here from my April trip. [​IMG]

2. Horatio Hufnagle

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. VegasGreg

VegasGreg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try your best to give us updates and pics. Best of luck on the trip.

4. Horatio Hufnagle

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. Horatio Hufnagle

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. Horatio Hufnagle

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, had a few slot hits to keep me going for the night. Down a few hundred only so not too bad of a start. Going poolside this morning at Ballys. Hopefully hit some more slots later.

7. Horatio Hufnagle

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. Elf70

Elf70 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice Buffalo hits! I love those buffalo machines.

9. Horatio Hufnagle

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sitting at the excalibur now. Rooting on pats -7 and the over in Western Kentucky. Both starting out ok. Then time to hit slots and tables again.

10. Horatio Hufnagle

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well the backdoor push sucked but did ok on west Kentucky over. Slots were terrible everywhere. Zero luck. Celine tonight. Hopefully victory after.

11. Horatio Hufnagle

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Celine was terrific as expected. Dinner before at Portofino was also great. Stayed out til 5am and came back with what I took out to gamble with so I count that as a win. College football tomorrow at Excalibur. Wisconsin badgers homer pick. Then notre dame, Michigan, and Arkansas for now.

12. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buffalooooooooooooooooooooo!

Good luck snagging a big one!

13. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Horatio,
    Enjoying your TR so far. Hope you bring lots of pics of Ben Franklin back to the badger state. Lots of cool stuff on sale at Menard's this week!
    -Richard

14. Horatio Hufnagle

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the good luck wishes. I sure need some. College football sure was not kind. The over 63 in colorado, Tennessee +1, mich st -4.5, and Minnesota -5 all stung. Tomorrow sticking with Packers, jets, dolphins, bills, and chargers with various parlays and straight wagers. One small Wonka hit today at bellagio. Otherwise the Buffalo stampeded off to another machine then mine!

15. Horatio Hufnagle

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. Horatio Hufnagle

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taking a victory monorail back to mgm from westgate! Nfl was kind to me today.

17. stackinchips

stackinchips High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like you crushed your NFL today if you stuck with those picks. Hope you did a 5 teamer!

18. Horatio Hufnagle

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugg, sadly no but good single game bets and a number of 3 teamers that mostly cashed. Rooting for Phil tomorrow to finish a nice 4 teamer. Huge public day today. But I'll take it!

19. Horatio Hufnagle

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I met my buddies last night who just got to town. Was a good 2nd wind for me. We tag teamed high limit slots til 3am. Hit enough to keep playing and only wound up down about 300 on the slots, but still up good from nfl. In particular the Top Dollar at Aria were treating us very well. Heading to Mandalay today to crash with my friend and hit it hard my last full day. Need Eagles for a 500 parlay tonight. That would be swell.

20. BRitch14

BRitch14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best of luck. Hope you took the over in the Eagles game. I'm thinking a TON of points will be scored and very little defense will be played. Can't wait to get out to Vegas myself on Friday.

Also, nice job with the homer pick of Wisconsin (I'm a badger fan as well). Nice to see them score points after that slightly disappointing game against Alabama.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.