1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Strip ---> Sam Boyd Stadium

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by bdautch, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdautch

bdautch High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will have some use it or lose it vacation time at the end of this year, so I decided to start a tradition of attending a different terrible bowl game each year. This year's terrible bowl game will be the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl on Dec. 20th (6th place PAC-12 team vs. Mountain West champion).

Long story short, I got comped at Bally's and I have enough points on SWA to fly for free. Great! That said, I'm trying to figure out if there's a better way to get to and from the stadium (distance: 11 miles) than paying for like $50 cab rides in both directions. Google maps showed a few buses, but they're like 1 hour 23 minutes because you have to transfer and all that.

I'm trying to figure out if Sam Boyd Stadium ever offers shuttles, or if the city offers special direct bus routes from somewhere on the Strip for special events? I can't be the only one in this situation; I imagine that fans of both teams will stay largely on the Strip and then try to get to the game in some reasonably priced fashion.

2. jimboguy

jimboguy Blubbery Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There will be shuttles from the strip. Once the teams for the game are determined, there will be info on the Vegas Bowl website about how and where to utilize the shuttle service.

I attended the Las Vegas Bowl in 2010, and the shuttle (actually coach buses) picked up from Planet Hollywood. PH was the team hotel for one of the participating teams. The shuttle was free.

3. bdautch

bdautch High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is why God invented the word "beautiful". What a gloriously helpful response. My eternal gratitude to you, Jimboguy.

4. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Love your plan of attending these bad bowls every year. My wife and I did the Vegas Bowl a few years ago (ASU vs BYU) and it was okay.
    We really enjoyed staying at the Eastside Cannery, which is quite close to Sam Boyd. It the first and only trip to Vegas for my wife (loves football, not Vegas) and using the $20 trick got us a corner suite at the EC, which was extra pleasing to her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.