1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Storm Saturday- hoping we can get out!

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Gandolf One, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gandolf One

    Gandolf One Tourist

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2011
    Messages:
    139
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    6
    Waahhh....been waiting too long since our last trip in March that was screwed up both legs with travel delays with United.

    We booked direct Southwest through Buffalo -about an 1 1/2 drive from home but well worth it for direct.

    Son of a #@$ :grrr:

    Saturday is very sketchy for being able to fly out due to incoming storm....my fingers are crossed but I'm feeling grumpy! Hope the forecasts are wrong.

    :Þ:Þ:Þ
     
  2. captainron62

    captainron62 VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2011
    Messages:
    3,242
    Location:
    Tampa, FL
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    19
    Best of luck!! Potential nightmare for sure.
     
  3. StephGrahamKC

    StephGrahamKC Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2012
    Messages:
    111
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    20
    You know if you are under a weather watch Southwest will let you change your flight to the day before and not charge you the difference.
     
  4. Gandolf One

    Gandolf One Tourist

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2011
    Messages:
    139
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    6
    Yeah, we are under Southwest weather advisement but the flights tomorrow are sold out. No choice :cry:

    I hope we'll be able to go as our flight is later or worse case by Sunday. :rolleyes2:
     
  5. StephGrahamKC

    StephGrahamKC Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2012
    Messages:
    111
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    20
    Can you fly out to a different city and then leave to vegas from there? I did that one time here in KC when we were expecting an ice storm the next morning, southwest flew us to Denver and we stayed the night there and left for vegas that morning. Good thing because KCI was shut down the next morning. I think you guys are getting the storm we got today which had our airport pretty much shut down until a few hours ago. Most people who had their flights canceled today did not get rebooked until Sunday or Monday. I would guess the same thing for you if get cancelled.
     
  6. Gandolf One

    Gandolf One Tourist

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2011
    Messages:
    139
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    6
    Unfortunately there really aren't any other airports in driving distance that fly SW yet (Rochester has Airtran, but SW service isn't starting till April)- good thought though...yeah, I'm hoping the storm doesn't hit as hard here but we'll see. If I see flights getting cancelled Saturday morning, I'll probably jump on the few remaining Sunday ones...Being in update NY, I understand that this happens when traveling in winter months but still sucks when it does happen...:eek:
     
  7. Auggie

    Auggie Dovahkiin

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2009
    Messages:
    5,749
    Location:
    Burnaby, BC
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    14
    My wife wants to vacation any chance we are able, but I hate going this time of year (any time from mid December to late February) for this reason.

    So far we have been lucky in all our winter flights have gone smoothly... but I'd just hate to have any kind of vacation booked and spend it either sitting at the airport waiting to see if we get to go (or go home) or checking each day if we can fly or not.
     
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.