1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sterling brunch returns

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by westie, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. queuetee

queuetee High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What the heck is this???? No prior warning and it opens tomorrow????

3. ByteMe

ByteMe Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sterling Brunch

Great news! I went to Sterling Brunch for the first time at end of Sept. 2013 and was disappointed to hear of its impending closing in 2014. Consequently I had to book a return trip in Dec. -- earlier than planned -- just so I could experience Sterling again! Looks like I need to check out the new edition...

4. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't wait for reviews to see how it chalks up to the previous Sterling brunch? Hoping for feedback

Always seems so far away............
  5. queuetee

queuetee High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made reservations for June 1. We did have one at Jasmine but I just cancelled that reservation and made one for Sterling.

Hope it is as good as I remember it to be since we have eaten there for years.

6. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very interested in hearing a review of the new Sterling Brunch. It was one of our must-dos, and I'm hoping they haven't messed with it too much.

7. mcevene

mcevene Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it's really open

called today and made reservations for father's day. Yes they are open on sat & sunday- yes you can use your rewards credits to pay for it. $85 per person with TR card. basically same menue, caviar, crab claws, king crab legs ect ect.
    a few travel sites posted pictures of menue, same champhane as before.
    hopeing to hear some reviews from this board from people that have had the brunch over the years - yes it started to go down hill over the past 5-8 yrs, but I think if you love good champhine, caviar (it's not the best but still good and no one else serves it)sea food, meats all above average and we have tried all the brunches. so you guys start reviewing.

8. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not gone, but a friend of mine went on opening weekend. Here's what she sent me via text:

"The lobster tails were too salty for my taste, but the half lobster with stuffing was better. Crab cakes were lacking. My brother's favorite was the truffle mashed potatoes. We tried the caviar, but I don't think any of us have acquired a palate sophisticated enough to really know what was going on with it. They also had fresh oysters, pretty good. Crab legs were legit king crab legs, not the half legs that were split open, frozen, and thawed again. They also had some sushi/sashimi, omelette station, steak bites (over cooked and maybe sitting too long?), mini chive frittatas (those were nicely done), roast beef, breakfast sausages and bacon, mini Belgian waffles with fruit (waffles were good), berry cups and yogurt parfait. Desserts were kind of your basic Vegas buffet spread, still yummy. Overall, not a big selection in terms of variety, but given quality of a few I think I would give it a 7/10."

Champagne is unchanged from before. From the text, looks like there are two lobster preparations. I don't know if I'd pay $100 after tax and tip to eat there from what my friend said. I didn't ask any questions to clarify or get more info, but I trust her taste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.