1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Steak dinner for 25th wedding anniversary

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by golfer1903, Jun 12, 2016.

1. golfer1903

golfer1903 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for a nice steak dinner. Is Ramsey's place good? Or any other celebritys place good or are they just gimmicks. Thanks

2. NJbadlands

NJbadlands Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although it's not a steak house, my wife and I have had two amazing filet dinners at The Eiffel Tower restaurant, including our fifth anniversary. Great view as well.

3. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoyed Gordon Ramsay Steak on the evenings I've eaten there, however, it's quite noisy, and wouldn't be romantic.

I'd say SW would probably be the well suited to a 25th wedding anniversary, imo*

*I'm a single male :)

Double digits!
  4. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW Steak or Delmonico.

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carvevino, CUT and SW are my faves for steak (the first two qualifying as "Celeb Chef Joints", if that's your aim).

Never tried Ramsay's place but it certainly gets good reviews on VMB. I just can't bring myself to go there because GR Pub at Caesars was, quite literally, the worst meal I've had in a Vegas restaurant not named Sbarro (and I've been to the IP buffet).

6. jmiller31

jmiller31 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonicos, my wife and I love it. The food is amazing and the service is top notch but the entire thing is done in a very non-pretentious way. Surprisingly Brand @ Monte Carlo is very good too, I'm not sure I'd do it for a 25th anniversary though.

We go to Delmonicos at least once a year, two trips ago my wife commented that they removed her favorite steak from the menu. The waiter immediately asked the head waiter who said they could still do that on request, none of this was prompted by us. When our meals arrived as the waiters were placing them the head waiter noticed they hadn't done my wife's steak as they said. My wife said it wasn't a problem it looked delicious, he immediately snatched the plates up and sent them back. Within a few minutes the manager appeared and apologized while we were telling him it wasn't a problem and they were fine. He then proceeded to comp half our meal and pay for our desert. Again none of this was prompted by us, they really go out of their way there to make sure every experience is perfect.

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GRS is very good but as stated above, it's not a quiet, romantic place. Good food, boisterous atmosphere. Cut, SW, The Steakhouse (Circus Circus) are all good.

8. Sparky4

Sparky4 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree Marky147, Gordon Ramsey is loud, not romantic at all. We had our first anniversary dinner Delmonico and really enjoyed it. We also had an anniversary dinner at The Country Club Grille at Wynn, not as romantic but probably the best service we've had anywhere in Vegas and the food was excellent.

10th anniversary
    • Like Like x 1
  9. M0rtyC

M0rtyC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hugo's doesn't get a lot of love but I would take the DW there. Old school, quiet and very romantic. I real taste of old Vegas and the ladies are treated very well.
    Maybe it's just me.... but that's where I would go.

Annual end of the rodeo trip
  10. h0llywood

h0llywood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been to virtually every steakhouse I'm Vegas and for some reason, the Brand at Monte Carlo is my favorite. Tomahawk steak is the best.

Pre-Xmas Vacay
  11. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW at Wynncore or Prime at Bellagio

12. azlefty

azlefty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I went to BLT @ Ballys for her birthday and we thought the service, food, and atmosphere were all excellent and exceeded our expectations. There are good promos on travelzoo too, which we used successfully. The steak and lobster were great but even better were the foie gras sampler and the popovers which are complimentary. The staff really aimed to please and when we told them it was her birthday, the bartender sent over two glasses of prosecco on the house. Very classy. Ymmv.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  13. TimWhalen

TimWhalen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a great dinner at Delmonico at the Venetian in the fall. Been a few years since I been to Brand but it was also a grand meal.

14. golfer1903

golfer1903 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone tried craftsteak at MGM? Will be going to a show there the same evening

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Sparky4

Sparky4 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've been but it was 7 or so years ago. As I recall, it was good,

10th anniversary
  16. Char1

Char1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    100% Cut at Palazzo.
    One of the best dinners we ever had in Vegas.

May 28-June 2
  17. Brewfangrb

Brewfangrb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there in Nov 2014. I went with my sister and brother-in-law (i.e. NOT a romantic dinner...lol)--they went to Vegas to run the 1/2 marathon on the strip and it was their first time in Vegas. The staff was very attentive, the portions perfect and the food was really good. I don't have a lot of experience with other steakhouses on the strip, but I was very pleased with it.

Plus, I think it's good atmosphere if you ARE there for a romantic dinner.

18. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard great things about The Golden Steer for years. It is supposed to be excellent and the whole restaurant has that whole vintage Vegas vibe to it (The Rat Pack used to go there and the booths all have plaques telling you whose booth it was). It is right off the Strip on Sahara (when traveling north on Las Vegas Boulevard you make a left on Sahara and head toward I-15. It's between Sahara and I-15.

I know it's a 25th Anniversary celebration, and I don't know if using this would get you in the doghouse, but there IS also a Groupon currently available for the Golden Steer:

https://www.groupon.com/deals/golden-steer-steakhouse-las-vegas-2

19. RPMCanes

RPMCanes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My folks just got back from Vegas and said Gordon Ramsay steak, in my dad's words, "Sucked". I would recommend SW at Wynn, they have a nice dinner show, and of course the fountain show at Prime.

20. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Craftsteak is a great choice for an anniversary. The service is great and the food is very good. They have a chef's tasting menu where you pick the type of beef and then they do the rest. The tasting menu is pretty pricey but worth it for a special occasion.