1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

State Lotto Players

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Richard Alpert, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering how often/how much you contribute to playing your state's lottery (if it has one).

Each week I play $20 in Wisconsin and $20 in Minnesota, online/terminal-printed games only (Powerball, Megabucks, Mega Millions, Badger/Gopher 5, Pick 4, Pick 3, etc.)
    I'm not a fan of the "scratchers" in either state although a friend keeps giving them to me for Christmas.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

-Richard

2. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have a terminal in the store I go grocery shopping at. If I happen to have a $5 then I'll get one every so often. Like every other month or so. I think I've won about $3 in the past 6 months. But, it only takes one right?

3. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am with you FB. If I have a buck or two on me and if they are there.. I may buy one. Or a few scratchers.

Downtown - Wanker Returns after baby!
    Wanker Returns After Baby
  4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A buck here or there. I want to hit on win for life.

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll throw in a few bucks when Powerball or MegaMililons gets over $100 Mil (because winning $95 million isn't worth the trouble)

6. Guy

Guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll get a Tenner's worth of Euromillions tickets when it gets up to £100m.

7. kleland

kleland Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will get one or two scratcher's if I have cash on me and if I remember, I hardly ever win though. My son however plays all the time and wins. He sends me a text every time just to piss me off and gloat. I usually respond with some sort of word that begins with an f...hahaha

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kind of odd. Every since we moved back to WI 5 years ago, I lost the urge to play. If Powerball climbs over 300m, then I'll invest $5-$10.

My wife, who has had the same set of numbers for 30 years, invests $4 a week in those same numbers on Powerball. She can't quit now, what if they hit. :poke:

Before WI had the lottery we would drive to IL and buy their tickets, but I think back then you could buy a ticket for 3 months. So when WI got Powerball, she either had to add one number or drop one from her IL numbers. I don't remember which way. So essentially the same numbers for that long.

I think she hit $100, one time and the rest are losers or $4 or $7. Good thing she gets lots of Royals.

Christmas
  9. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Occasionally when the jackpot is gigantic. Doesn't really do much for me.

10. Elf70

Elf70 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is exactly what I do. I have no idea why $100 million is the magic number but it is.

11. rscpa

rscpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, someone that thinks the way I do !!!

12. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes (If I remember to buy)...$5-$10 when jackpots are $250M or more. Outside the minuscule chance of winning the life changing jackpot, buying Powerball/Mega Millions is akin to lighting money on fire. :(

13. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah...I'll light a sawbuck or two on fire when it gets up to ridiculous levels. I figure it's a reasonable price to pay to be able to daydream a bit. So, I probably spend about $10-20/year on lotto tickets, tops.

14. lmm

lmm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right now, Illinois is not paying out winners over $25,000. You get an IOU until they pass a budget.

15. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a small group of players at work, about 7 folks, we each throw in $10 a month.
    I rarely play on my own.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  16. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I average about ten bucks a month on mega millions, and carry it in my wallet for a few extra days......because its a winner till I check it . lol

17. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago I was at a bar on a Saturday night, the Powerball jackpot that night was a big one, over $200 million. A guy shows up around 11 and casually asks if anyone has the winning numbers. He then starts to freak out that he had won. He showed his ticket to a few people and sure enough he had the winning numbers. He also had women hanging on him the rest of the night and left with a couple of them. What was found out later is that after the drawing that night he had gone out and bought a ticket to the NEXT drawing with those numbers. No one noticed the date on the ticket, only that he had the "winning" numbers.

18. Gomar

Gomar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I gave up on NY Numbers(3) and Win4(4), and Take5 as the jackpot is small but it's split unlike Pick10. Yesterday $60k was split by 5.
    So, I just stick with QuickDraw(Keno) as it's not split and odds are good. And $20 scratchers have 1:3 of winning something.
    As for MM and PB, I avoid them as NY Cash4Life has better odds but jackpot doesn't go up, but heck I am happy with $9.2m for 1:21m odds.

19. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play Badger 5 too much. $5 a night. im determined to win it! Tonight I saw the winner was bought in Milwaukee & I was convinced it was me and I was going to leave work, then i checked my ticket and it wasnt me. not even close.
    But I do play $10 in Powerball randomly.
    Scratch offs are our weekness;
    Probably spend $50 / week on them. almost never win but we've had a $500 winner once so of course we're addicted!

20. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Won $1 on a Badger 5 yesterday thanks to the special "Lightning Ball". Big win!
    I used to play a couple of the $10 or $20 scratch offs each week, but quit doing that when the cashier at the local gas station scolded me because I didn't scratch off the entire play area--which for some tickets is a lot of scratching.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.