1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Star Wars episode VII The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by pphold, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So the shooting is done Release Date December 18,2015. Takes Them over a Year to put a movie together?????

2. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's probably many reasons for taking so long. Full disclosure, I really don't know anything about it, I just have opinions for discussions.

There is going to be so much detail in the CGI that takes until summer. I would think the security on it will be so tight that the techs working on the CGI won't be able to take their work home with them, which will add some time because they will all have to go to the home location to do it. I'll bet there will be some storyline adjustments so JJ Abrams will do reshoots.

But I think the most important reason for the timing is to have the release date a week before Christmas and just before awards season. Big marketing, big revenue, big notoriety.

I think Disney and JJ Abrams will be wonderful stewards of probably the most beloved movie series in history.

3. dostoy

dostoy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CGI, editing, scheduling reshoots, promos, merchandice, most movies take between 3-5 years to make from screenplay to opening.

4. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    too many disturbances in the force right after Halloween.

5. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When asked in his exit interview at the end of last season what he was going to do in the summer, Portland Trailblazer center Robin Lopez said he was going to apply to be a wookie in the new Star Wars. Cool.

6. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a Disney stockholder I can't wait for this film to be released! Although wish it was released a little earlier in the Holiday buying season.

PPHold only a few more days to Vegas!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.