1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Stallion Mountain Golf Course

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by jpatter471, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpatter471

jpatter471 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anybody have any info on this golf course? They have an "all-inclusive" deal that includes green fees, club and shoe rental and a couple sleeves of balls for $99. I was thinking of booking this as a gift for my father-in-law next week when my husband and him will be in town. I am not a golfer, so does this sound reasonable and is it a decent course?

2. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played stallion mountain earlier this year and I walked off after 15 holes. It is a fairly easy course, but was in absolutely terrible condition when I was there. It is owned by OB Sports Management - who owns quite a few courses around the Vegas area. I believe that they are trying to make it better, so things may have improved since I was there, but I wouldn't return there. Right now I believe that it is the lowest rated course they own.

Just my 2 cents.....

3. jpatter471

jpatter471 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. Are there any courses close to the strip that you would recommend?

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

For the record, Stallion is OB-run not owned.

OB needs some time to overcome the abject failures of previous management/ownership structures. That of course won't make up for a so-so layout and the many other great options there are in Vegas, but OB does know how to operate golf courses.

jpatter, what do you consider "close" and what kinda playing experience are you seeking (as in, "I'd like something like We-Ko-Pa or Heron Lakes" etc.)?

5. jpatter471

jpatter471 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ken, I am not a golfer so I have no idea what I am looking for. My father-in-law (who is a golfer) is going out next week and I would like to surprise him with a round of golf. They will have a car, but I would like to stay within 20 minutes of the strip and would like to stay between $100-$150 per person. It will be a surprise so they will not have their own clubs so i need to factor that in as well. Thanks.

6. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We played Stallion Mountain spring of 2011. It was fine. It was in good shape.

I saw an online ad for Spanish Trails for $99 that includes clubs. So The $99 is not that great of deal. Good, but not great.

7. ken2v

One option is LV National, and it is literally w/i 10 minutes of the Strip. Rentals should be about 50 bucks and golf is a Ben though you will be able to beat that with a service like golfnow.com. Again, those are rack rates.

National ain't all that, but its proximity catches a lot of players.

Personally, I'd spend an extra bit of time driving for a truly GREAT golf experience: Las Vegas Paiute. Go online and check the golfapalooza pricing packages they offer, which includes a rental discount.

Trust me on this.

8. ken2v

100 bucks in Vegas with clubs is cheap cheap cheap. Even with the recession it remains an extremely overpriced market, and a lot of places that ask the bigger bucks just don't warrant it. And there's nothing wrong with Spanish; it's an A-OK Robinson track.

Vegas' best and coincidentally best value plays remain on the margins of the valley ... Paiute, Primm, Coyote Springs.

9. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ken
    LV Paiute has three courses. Whick would you recommend for a 4some of low 90's golfers?
    Do they rent clubs?

Superbowl Baby
  10. ken2v

All rock, but time after time, going once, I always say Snow Mountain. Though I will say Wolf has closed the gap for me.

Titleist and Callaway, at last check.

11. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ken - agreed. I have played a few of the OB ran courses and enjoyed them.

I also agree with the Pauite course recommendation. Was there in October - it is in the middle of nowhere - and is awesome. Actually had a coyote interrupt my tee shot on 17 - jutted out about 20 yards from our tee box across to find some food.....

In addition to golfnow, ezlinks is also a place where you can get a prcieline style 'pick your price' deal. you can also find promo codes online to add to the special to make it very cheap. I have played Bear's Best for $35 and the Revere for $25 as a tourist....

Another nice little track that can be had for cheap if you try is Rhodes Ranch, IMO. Not great course, but nice, not too expensive....

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.