1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Stadium blackjack and baccarat

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by yooperguy, Sep 25, 2016.

1. yooperguy

yooperguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could someone please elaborate a bit on the new blackjack and baccarat games at Venetian and Palazzo? I've seen them in Trooper97's vlogs, am curious how the system works. Live dealers with multiple players? How many players per dealer? Minimums? 3:2 or 6:5?
    Thanks for your input!

2. jstkrzn

jstkrzn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Looks like this might explain it. When Trooper walked past I think I saw the same logo as in the video. Interesting concept but hope it doesn't become popular. I hate how gaming is becoming faster and less personal.

3. h0und10

h0und10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    seems pretty similar to the blackjack on 5dimes.

4. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nope...... won't even try it...and i like to try things, just for the experience.

5. yooperguy

yooperguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    seems like a good place for a novice player to practice a bit. My wife found an electronic baccarat table at MGM on our last visit, played it for a couple hours, four or five free drinks, still ended up about $50 after tips. She would NEVER sit down at a real table, too intimidated. Now she can learn blackjack.

6. LukeDWyatt

LukeDWyatt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right now Venetian has one stadium blackjack, and one baccarat, but I don't think they are linked.
    Bellagio has one called 'Destiny' which is roulette and either bj or baccarat.

Scientific gaming has a product that is baccarat, bj, and roulette.
    I've seen it at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut, and rumor has it that MGM will be getting it soon in vegas, but I don't know which property.

I'm not a fan personally. I do think it's interesting how the community card aspect works in blackjack, so different players get different outcomes off the same cards dealt.

From what I have seen they will offer these games at a lower price point than regular tables. So if you want to play $5 BJ at a big property then this is your option.

7. thefish2010

thefish2010 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If these games are 3:2, they will save most lower limit players probably at least half of their overall gambling losses, and a smaller percentage but even higher amounts for higher limit players that tip well. The reason is simple: no dealer tips. Smaller players don't realize that they almost certainly lose more to tips than they do to the game itself. A $10 player tipping even $1 for every blackjack they receive is roughly doubling their overall losses compared to what they would be with no tips.

So if you are either a low limit player or a higher limit player that tends to overtip (like me) these machines are a godsend to your bankroll. If anyone has info on the table maximum and rules, please post them.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  8. HuskerBB

HuskerBB High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can someone explain to me how this works with blackjack? I understand with roulette, bacarrat or craps everyone is really placing bets on independent events that can be the same for all players. So easy to convert them to accommodate more players this way. But blackjack is different. If you have 10 players in stadium seats at the machine - do all 10 players get the same starting hand? Do the next cards out then get allocated to the player or dealer differently for each player based on whether they chose to hit or stand? That would seem to create very divergent results and a confusing board where some players double or split and others do not. Is it a CSM type of dealing machine so you effectively have a continuous shuffle to avoid counting - and better avoid an outcome being different than a table game because one player took cards that I would not have taken thereby going further into the deck?

I can't imagine this is much fun if every player is playing the same hand. But I can't see how it would work otherwise because obviously after the players are done you can't have the dealer drawing a card that already went to a player. Very confusing to me. Can someone who has played blackjack this way provide a more detailed explanation of how it works?

9. bobby jones

bobby jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I mentioned this in another thread. Seneca Niagara Falls just installed a great stadium at their Stir loung. You can play and watch the band or sporting events on their jumbo screen. Was there a couple sundays ago. The screen had one main game on with two pip's for other games as well as roulette, bj craps and baccarat