1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Stabbing at Bellagio last night

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sammasseur, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well if the world ended like it was suppossed to last night there would have been no reprocussions for this. Damn those Mayans.

I dont know if this end whole Mayan calender end of the world thing is true and causing people to go nutty or if its just an excuse for people to do insane things.

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You got that right, Sam. Such a shame.

4. waverunner

waverunner BBHMM

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, the Imperial Palace may be dirt cheap, moldy, and the carpets may be worn...........but no murders or stabbings by the employees. :poke:

5. Ashton7

Ashton7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Insane. There was a murder at the Excalibur (actually, murder/suicide) a few days ago while we were in town, too -- and the same night the Strip was shut down in one direction and we were stuck in a huge traffic jam near Caesar's for about an hour because a car had hit a pedestrian.

6. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there for that, saw the mess while walking from Bellagio to Aria. It was insane to see the emergency vehicles roaring down the strip on the wrong side of the road. And I was staying at Harrah's where the pedestrian was hit. And all of this after just hearing about the shooting in Connecticut.

7. matti

matti Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How often do pedestrians get hit on the Strip? I don't hear about it much....very surprised it isn't a somewhat-regular occurrence.

8. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jesus, this is bad PR for LV. Wonder what would have happened to the woman who stabbed the other woman at the Bellagio had this happened back when The Boys ran the town???

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't hear of it too often with all the overhead walkways. But between Harrahs & Mirage it is street level. The person hit went against the walk signal. So not sure if it was just a dumb move, an attempt to rush, or possibly they wanted to get hit? Who knows?

My mom tried to skip across the drive at Venetian in her scooter one trip against the light. I started screaming at her & she said 'oh the traffic will stop for someone in the crosswalk'. I just kept yelling & swearing at her & told her to NEVER do that again. (We come from a 3 stoplight town.............)

10. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where do those nuts think they are?

Atlantic City?

11. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember the first time I went out to Vegas, my friend who lived out there said the J-walking laws were strict. So much that if you get hit crossing the street outside of a crosswalk or against the Do not walk sign you will get the ticket and the driver's insurance does not cover you b/c they were not at fault.

12. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People have just lost respect for human life or have devalued life itself. Sad state of affairs this world. :confused2:

13. AbFab

AbFab Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally agree.

14. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always thought hitting a pedestrian would put the driver in a bonus round!

15. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio attack investigation takes strange, sad turn

The woman accused of slashing a fellow blackjack dealer at Bellagio is now suspected of the murder of a 10 year old girl, whose body was found yesterday in North Las Vegas. The child has been missing since 50 year old Brenda Stokes, a friend of the girl's family, picked her up for a shopping trip on 12/21. Later that night Stokes went to the Bellagio and allegedly used razor blades to slash the face of 44-year-old Joyce Rhone who was dealing blackjack at the time. Stokes is not cooperating in the investigation and police have no motive for either crime.

16. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a story that just gets more and more bizarre. I have been following by reading LV news stories, the father of the missing girl had to be forcibly removed from the court room yesterday for shouting at the Stokes. He was asking where his baby girl is? Sad, sad and of course senseless.

17. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  18. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They said today the slashing victim was romantically involved with the little girls father

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.