1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

St. Louis to Vegas nonstop flights

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by GawdyGypsy, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GawdyGypsy

GawdyGypsy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alright once again I have a question. I'm booking flights from St. Louis to Vegas but cannot find any direct flights. Do they release more flights the closer you get to dates or not, should I just go with the layover? I hate to have one at all, we have about 50 people going with us, is it insanely expensive to charter a flight? Or any advice about waiting for something direct? Help!!!

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. nystocktrader

nystocktrader Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are their specific dates?

No commercial non-stops that I know of.

Take a look THIS SITE to get a ROUGH idea of charter cost.

4. nystocktrader

nystocktrader Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually I check ITA Matrix (but it doesn't check ALL airlines).

5. VPDana

VPDana Low-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly out of St. Louis also. They have non-stop flights every day. I'll be on one of them on April 9th - YIPPEE!!!

6. GawdyGypsy

GawdyGypsy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HIII fellow Stlouissan!! I'm so ready to be out of this snow/ice/meltdown city we are living in right now!! The dessert is calling me!!
    What airline do you usually fly? I like Southwest because you don't have to pay for bags and I've never had a problem. Did you book last minute or far in advance?? Shanks for the help!! Enjoy April 9th!! Just going for fun or anything specific?

7. GawdyGypsy

GawdyGypsy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so much, I've never come across this website before!!

8. GawdyGypsy

GawdyGypsy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HOLY crap, alright!! haha no on the charter. I could careless about it, but my fiancé's family has brought it up a couple times they are worried this large of a group won't be able to get there all at onetime without one.
    Perfect! I'm going to call Southwest tomorrow!!! and I filled out 3 different airlines group travel requests!! This has been super helpful, this is where I keep getting stuck.

9. GawdyGypsy

GawdyGypsy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HOLY crap!! Clearly this is outside the budget!! lol Thanks!

10. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not from St Louis but I fly there (semi frequently) via Southwest.

I can state with 100% confidence that Southwest **DOES** have direct non-stop flights to Las Vegas. I see them on the board all of the time.

11. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another St. Louis guy here. Southwest is the only one that flies non stop anymore that I'm aware of. There used to be quite a few mores options such as worry free vacations that used to have non stop charter flights. Good news is southwest's non stop should be the cheapest route available.

I love southwest.

12. Amn1410

Amn1410 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just an hour and a half north of stl. We always go non stop out of Lambert via southwest. If you book early, generally the non stop flights are cheaper if you look at the right times, like Tuesday morning about 8-9 am

13. GawdyGypsy

GawdyGypsy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is what I was thinking that they were the only one now, but Frontier doesn't have their flights posted yet and I thought maybe they would be direct.
    I love Southwest also! Thanks for the help!! Cheers in STL!

14. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think Frontier offers anything direct anymore. They all stop somewhere I thought, Denver maybe? It's been awhile since I shopped them though. I doubt they beat Southwest but i'll check them for my specific dates. I'm pretty sure Airtran used to offer late non stops also. They had a flight that left Mid America at 9pm. They only fly to a couple places in Florida now.

15. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Frontier outdoes SWA a lot when I bother to look (assuming you do NOT check bags). If you check bags, it's hard to beat SWA. Frontier almost always stops in Denver, which is also a bit risky during the winter.

I have flown from STL to Vegas 8 times in the past 2.5 years. and I have only used SWA 2.5 times.

Trip 1 9/2011 Frontier (part of a pkg, I was dumb)
    Trip 2 12/2011 Frontier ($277 rt)
    Trip 3 2/2012 Delta (via Salt Lake) ($221 rt)
    Trip 4 6/2012 SWA (nonstop) ($213 rt)
    Trip 5 12/2012 American (via LAX) ($212 rt)
    Trip 6 5/2013 Delta (via Minneapolis) ($232 rt)
    Trip 7 9/2013 American to LAX...Disneyland...Southwest from LAS to STL (~$140 for AA leg there...$150 for SWA leg back)
    Trip 8 2/2014 SWA ($220 rt)

Currently though, it looks like SWA is about $400 rt for a flight 2 months out (Wed. Apr. 23/Tue. Apr. 29). Most other airlines are $300+ though...rough timing I guess. This last trip, we literally booked 15 days out because they dropped their prices significantly. SWA does have good fares at times as you can see, but when I usually look it's almost always $300 to $400.

16. Sage V

Sage V Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10minutes from the airport in STL!
    Airfare is $400+ on swa right now. Hopefully a decent sale will come around soon. They just had fares as low as $123 each way for a small number of recent dates. Hopefully a cheap fare will come out soon. Was just out there over championship weekend in January.

How many STL comb members are out there?

17. Sage V

Sage V Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stl area vmb members are out there?

18. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're going in September so i can't book yet but $400 seems to be the average for our dates so far. Ive pretty much checked out every other airline and they're all in the same range and were all over $400 if you consider baggage fees (which I may or may not check a bag). I've never paid over $300 so this is quite the price hike for me. I'm holding out hope for some cheaper rates when they extend the calendar to include my dates.

19. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did not see the dates needed.

Will everyone be flying the same day? Usually there are some folks that like to go early, have schedule issues, etc.

Do not confuse DIRECT with NON STOP. Direct flights often (almost always) involve a stop. Nonstop... well... no stops.

50 people on one plane should be doable. The way to make it work is to be aware of when the needed flights come available. Then everyone needs to be ready to log in and book them. By booking that far in advance, you will probably get a great rate anyways.

20. sxr007

sxr007 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Springfield, MO area here.

I fly Allegiant non-stop from Springfield to Vegas. $160 to $270 round trip is what I normally pay. Baggage and even carry on is extra with them.

They only have flights on Monday and Friday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.