1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sprint Customers - are you happy with Sprint?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by MikeOPensacola, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a very happy T-Mobile customer and saw on the news that Sprint is very close to acquiring T-Mobile. Just curious about their customer service and service overall. Thx.

:peace: :beer:

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  2. MNVegasgal

MNVegasgal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NO.. Way to many dropped calls... seriously.. 5 and 6 times in my 20 minute commute to work. Sketcy service areas where you have no service (Large areas of Colorado). We have two kids (ok.. not Kids.. Adults who are still on our plans) and our two phones.. and everyone has a different date the contract expires. We have been promised for two years that they are adding towers and service will be better, still hasn't happened. Phone calls to Sprint are good.. the CS support is very nice.. but they cannot do much. Service in a Sprint store is helpful, but normally very slow. It should not take you as long to purchase a new phone, as it does to purchase a home.

3. oldcrabtom

oldcrabtom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use 'TING" whice uses the sprint net work. After about 6 months no problems...(and TING is dirt cheap !.....:drunk:

4. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to have Nextel (my favorite cell phone I have ever had) and then Sprint bought them and ruined them. I lived in Kansas City then (Sprints HQ city) and had dropped calls all the time after the acquisition.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  5. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone with knowledge of these type of acquisitions know if Sprint will use T-Mobile's current network, or just scrap it and try to keep as many T-Mobile customers as they can? Thx.

6. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I always thought T-mobile used Sprint's network. Signal quality varies by location. There are some areas where one carrier will have a better signal than others...and then the reverse will be true in a different location.

7. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many of the articles are suggesting that Softbank, which is the Japanese company trying to buy T-mobile and currently owns the majority of Sprint, will actually maintain the T-mobile name and carry over the T-mobile management if the two companies combine. So that is something to think about. If this is true then we should be asking about how good T-mobile is.

Also, the two wireless companies use two different 3G broadcasting technologies. Sprint uses CDMA while T-mobile uses GSM. T-mobile can't use Sprint's network, and vice versa. So the combined companies will rely on their 4G LTE technologies for the future. Future phones will also need to be able to connect to the new bands, as well. In other words, we will need to get new phones to take advantage of the new combined LTE networks.

Us T-mobile and Sprint customers will really feel the benefit when the combined company fully support VoLTE (voice over LTE) and start to shut off their 3G networks in replace for more LTE broadcasts.

I don't know how I really feel about this move. If the Justice Department and FCC do allow this, and a really bit if, it would really bring some actually threat to Verizon and AT&T and could shake things up. Then again, it could kill another level of competition and create a three-opoly. Mixed feelings here.

8. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice post, thx.:thumbsup:

9. progrocker2112

progrocker2112 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's not hope that happens too quickly. The best bang for the buck phone+service available today is activating a Moto G (3G only) on the T-Mobile prepaid 30 dollar plan.

But yeah, totally agree that they'd keep the T-Mobile management. John Legere is kicking ass and taking names whilst Sprint continues to carry a bad reputation.

10. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a general heads up... all the wireless carriers are moving toward LTE broadcasts not only for data but for voice as well. They all plan to replace their entire networks with LTE, eliminating their 2G and 3G networks. Unlike 3G technologies, 4G LTE was designed to be pure data for voice and data needs. VoLTE somewhat acts like VoIP (voice over internet protocol), similar to Vonage and Ooma in sorts. It can also handle more traffic and is cheaper to operate. Win-win.

The switch over to pure LTE isn't going to happen tomorrow. But it is planned to happen sooner than later. It will be an easier network to handle with far more benefits. Realistically, we will all have new phones by then that will be ready for VoLTE. There are already phones on the market that do. But the migration is already happening.

This is why the Sprint/T-mobile merger is possible. Even though they work on two totally different networks now, they are both migrating toward LTE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.