1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sports betting... on preseason NFL?

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by raisingoo, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raisingoo

raisingoo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an upcoming trip to Vegas, arriving soon. A buddy of mine insists that there is no betting on preseason NFL games.

Is he correct? Or incorrect? What happens if I want to place a bet on an NFL game and don't want to wait until regular season?

Thanks for any responses.

2. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your buddy is wrong. Dead wrong.

3. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your buddy is wrong, you can bet it but be forewarned you might have a better chance with terrible odds roulette than the NFL preseason. Many teams do not play starters that may have the smallest bumps or bruises and those that do start often only play a couple series until the last week of preseason. So basically you are taking a crapshoot of who's backups-backups can beat each other. Might be better off placing a few baseball bets where at least the games they are playing mean something. Just my opinion as an avid sports bettor.

4. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can definitely bet preseason, both spread and over/under. That said -- and trust me, I'm a degenerate gambler, so there's no judgment here -- but if you are betting preseason games, you should seek help :peace:

5. WiBadgerbacker

WiBadgerbacker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I lost a 5 team parlay on preseason games on a 90 yard punt return touchdown with a minute left. I bet the under on all 5 games, and had hit the first 4. I was at the Orleans watching the games, and just about counting the money. It was only a $10 parlay, but a brutal bad beat.

My name is WIBadgerbacker, and I'm a degenerate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.