1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Splitting check 3 ways using 3 different TR cards at TR restaurants

Discussion in 'Comps' started by antwanc1992, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antwanc1992

antwanc1992 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all. I'm new to the board here, so sorry if this has been answered in the past. There are 3 of us going to Vegas, each of us with Total Rewards card points. Is it possible to split a restaurant check 3ways when we are each using our TR credits? We want to use our points at a nicer restaurant, so want to combine our points, because one persons points won't cover the tab. Thanks for any help!

2. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Come On, You Blues!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably, but your server will hate you. Haha.

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When your server first comes around tell her that you want three separate checks.

It is a bit of a pain for them because the kitchen will try to time orders for one table to come out at the same time and depending on their system they might see it as three individual orders and not that its three orders for the same table... so somebody might get food earlier than somebody else.

How you actually pay for your individual check (cash, credit card, TR points) doesn't matter because each would be its own transaction.

4. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you think of the TR card as a credit card, I do this all the time with friends. We get a bill, and there may be 3 CC that get thrown in for payment. We don't split the bill, we are just doing multiple payments.

So $80 on #1 TR, $100 on #2 TR, the rest on #3 TR.

You can also say just to split it evenly if you want that.

So if you can do a little math at the end, I would go with one of those. You can ask for separate checks as well, but then you run into cases of who pays for the app you shared, and the potatoes you shared...

Realize you can't tip using TR Points, so do bring cash for that. There will be no slip where you can add a tip.

5. antwanc1992

antwanc1992 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all. Having worked in the restaurant business, I know what is a pain the ass it can be when a table requests separate checks for one table. We plan on splitting it evenly 3 ways, so no need for separate bills. Just wanted to know if it was possible to use 3 TR cards to pay one bill. @Numeno, if in deed it is like using 3 credit cards, then I shouldn't have a problem.

6. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We break down the bill ourselves, then just tell the server how much to charge to each room charge slip. Never been an issue.

7. Lord Suspect

Lord Suspect Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ask for separate checks like the wise poster above said. IT WILL THEN BE VERY EASY ON THE SERVER TO USE YOUR REWARD POINTS THAT WAY.

8. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't understand why it is such a pain for servers to do separate bills. I take an order, then put a line underneath it and so forth so that when i enter them in i put them as separate orders but they go to the kitchen as 1 order. I never expect that a table will be on 1 check. I have dinner meetings for a committee i am part of and they never have trouble either and their POS system is completely different than the one i have at work.

If you just splitting evenly as you said then it should be very easy for them to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.