1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Spirit Airlines

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by OldVegasSoul, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldVegasSoul

OldVegasSoul Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Serious Question:

How bad is Spirit Airlines and their planes? Do they arrive on time? I'm about a week/two away from booking a trip for February and the deals I am seeing using Spirit seem nice b/c it will add to my gambling bankroll. I'm just so much more comfortable flying an airline I normally use, AA or US Air.

Is it worth saving money to fly Spirit?

Thanks for the input in advance...

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spirits planes are fine. Their flights run as on time as any other airline.

Many people don't like them because they nickle and dime you for everything. You pay to check bags. You pay for an overhead carry-on. You pay more if you wait til check in. You pay to pick your seats in advance. The seats are apparently closer together (I'm fairly tall and still get by ok). And you pay (by credit card) if you want a soda or pretzels from a flight attendant.

That really annoys some people. But as long as you plan ahead for the bag fees and figure them into the value, and bring your own pop/snacks/entertainment, Spirit can be a good value. My general rule is that if it costs about the same as Delta/Southwest, I'll fly them instead, but I'd fly spirit to save say 30 bucks and up.

3. casky

casky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly Spirit all the time. Planes are fine. They are a no frills airline, but what airline isn't these days?
    After paying all the fees I am always way ahead on price as Spirit is cheaper by far.
    We check one suitcase and put our carry on bags under the seat.

Spirit also has many direct flights.

4. Boxercar12

Boxercar12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that Spirit isnt that bad. I've read all sorts of bad reviews, but it's just a nice budget airline. Only complaint I could have is that the seats are really close together (both left/right and forward/back), but if you can handle that for an hour or two, it's a good buy.

5. OldVegasSoul

OldVegasSoul Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You three have made my decision...Spirit it is (Hopefully I can get by with one carry on below the seat; to pad the bankroll some more)!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.