1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Spirit Airilines

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Hammer, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer

Hammer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, is anyone in the know about Spirit Airlines. They are offering a great price out of Denver the first week of December at $59 each way. Is the oxygen you breath of the airplane extra? Are the luggage prices out of this world? Or even worse is beer $10 plus?

Please comment if you have more info

Thanks

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, yes and ... do they even offer beer? you'll be lucky to get out of there for under $400 after all their fee extras.

3. Homeschool

Homeschool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with shifter. I won't fly them anymore. They're fees are VERY shady.

Homeschool

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do charge for both checked bags and carry-ons (I believe something like 30 bucks each way).

When they advertise sale rates, it is a good idea to walk through the booking on their site and make sure that it is available with your preferred dates.

I have no idea what they charge for beer. But even soft drinks need to be paid for, and they are a "cashless cabin", so you'll need a CC to buy anything on board.

Basically they are a bare bones discount airlines service. They'll get you there, and usually cheap, but don't expect extras or comfort. To me, on a short flight, its often worth it.

But compare them to alternatives with baggage fees factored in, because if they aren't cheaper, they aren't worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.