1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Spice market buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by littlepiggie, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought a groupon for breakfast and dinner. I have never been here. I have been to bellagio, aria, cosmo, wynn; rio, mresort. How does spice market compare to the above

2. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sadly, I have only eat at the Bellagio buffet in regards to your list. In regards to my personal experience, I was there in late August and ate there for the first time ever for dinner. It was so good, I went back the next day for lunch...and Im not too much of a buffet person. The groupon is worth the money in a heartbeat. I though the food has seasoned well, cooked perfectly, lots of variety, and a big fan of the cupcake bar.

3. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I am trying to be thrifty this trip. I am splurging for the fountain brunch at jasmine. Taking my mom for her bday.

4. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I mean the dinner comes with beer and wine...how can you go wrong really?

5. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. Amazing deal. I have to stop planning. Only 3 days and have meals booked and a show and have to head down town to freemont. Mom wants to see it. So many things so little ti.e

6. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Spice Market is not as good as Bellagio, Aria, Cosmo or the M Resort buffet IMO, but that doesn't mean it is bad.

I got the new Total Rewards Visa this past year and that gives two free "Buffet of Buffet" passes so I was able to sample the Spice Market buffet among others and it was fine. If I had a choice I would go to Aria or Bellagio instead, but I am sure you will enjoy it.

7. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The breakfast buffet is weak at PH. Come late and stay for lunch as well. Lunch was much better.

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed Spice Market more than Bellagio for dinner, but the choices at Spice Market are generally more standard fare than Bellagio. I really like the Tandoori Chicken at Spice Market, so I definitely was happy. Definitely worth the groupon, imo. We've used it twice now. Free beer/wine doesn't hurt either, but I would rather have it cheaper and skip beer/wine. Your choices are very limited. Also, unlike a lot of groupons I've used, they force you to pay the tax on this one. But you can use reward credits to pay the remainder if you have them available.

9. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had same groupon when I was there in august and we loved it

10. dewey089

dewey089 Guru of Value

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Groupon is the way to go since they raised all the prices.
    It is so hard to evaluate a buffet for another eater.
    Spice Market is the one I pick for my treat buffet, a time to go off my strict diet and not do the standard inexpensive places like Orleans, Gold Coast.

I did not have a Groupon but I did have a $5 Destination coupon and $6 still left on my CET card that I wanted used up as it would go away before I came back. I had earned that in Atlantic City.
    I liked it. The lines were short.

But off my diet I really go there for two things, the lamb and the tempura shrimp. That becomes the main portion of my meal. Now the lamb is sliced leg of lamb rather than the old skewered and grilled they used to offer. It is only at supper.

I like the flan.

I would like the cotton candy, but I'm not going that far off my diet.

I like the service and the ambiance. I got a table solo back against the wall and could watch the folks heading to the bathroom or coming into the buffet. I was waiting for some show there at PH, so I just sat and had coffee and watched the people and relaxed. No one rushed me out.

I like the Eastern section of the buffet. I don't think of it as too much different from Bellagio or Aria and I ate in those places this past trip too because I was with my wife and had good MyVEgas freebies.
    But again I was searching there for foods that fit the strict diet. At Bellagio for lunch I love all the pickled herring. By supper one time at Bellagio last trip when Wild Bill and I got talking beyond the lunch time, they pulled in the herring and I was disappointed. Most people would have been very happy to have the supper time offerings brought out while they were still there. I guess it is better to ask this question by explaining what you like to eat and have that particular food compared across the other buffets.

11. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the feedback

12. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ High-Roller

I go for the tempura shrimp first. To me, it's the best thing on the buffet. One of the things I really dislike about the place is their dessert selection. Some genius got the idea that everyone loves cupcakes and they have a ton of them. I don't happen to like cupcakes. Since they've been doing the cupcake thing, the rest of their dessert section has suffered.

13. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Recommend avoiding PH for breakfast. Dinner is fine, though a step below Wynn, Bellagio, M, Cosmo, Aria.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.