1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest's Summer "Sale"

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by zlanga, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thing gets worse every year. Especially since they raised their rates 25 to 30% last week on every route out of San Antonio... :thumbsdown: For those trying to book travel to/from somewhere other than Nevada or Florida, this might be of some use, but not so much for Vegas! Rebooking my original flight home (purchased 2 months ago) that falls on a Tuesday would only save me $5. That's a true sign of how much they jacked up their prices prior to putting this "sale" on....

Purchase from June 2 through June 4, 2015, 11:59 p.m. for the respective time zone of the originating city.

Travel August 24 through December 16, 2015.

Blackout Dates Apply: September 3-5, September 7, and November 20 - December 1, 2015.

Travel not valid on Fridays and Sundays. Travel to/from Florida or Nevada is valid only on Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid only Mondays through Thursdays.

Fares valid on nonstop service only.
    Fares not available to/from Portland, ME.

Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won't be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.

USBC Nationals
  2. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Airfares, on any carrier, have restrictions and blackout dates and limited days and limited seating. And they call it a "sale". LOL!!!

When I receive emails from SW for sales, I pitch it. Why? Because I fly when I fly and I pay what I pay. Everyday, I am on the lookout for price drops on SW fares (only carrier I fly). If the fare drops, I rebook, if not I keep checking.

Fares in and out of Vegas are notoriously inflated. But you can catch a break every now and then.

3. God-Speed

God-Speed "Live Life, Live It!"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As VegasGroove stated, "keep checking". Southwest is the one carrier that my wife and I use 91/2 times out of 10. You can catch breaks by checking back. Both of us check their website when ever we are on the computers.

4. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the first decent savings out of CMH, Columbus Ohio for many months. Cleveland and Akron airports also have dipped today.

5. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

I don't think this is the annual anniversary sale. That usually comes later in June.

6. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing special in/out of Seattle. Same old same old. Sometimes when they have one of these 3-day sales it's really a sale. Not so with this one.

7. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked flight from Tampa on a Monday with return following Friday and it saved me 16,000 miles from previous reservation. Didn't see anything about restriction for Nevada or Tues, Wed only.

8. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just rebooked and my original trip happened to be from FL leaving Tues and returning the following Wed.so I fit into that one restriction.Saved $31 and also avoided that dreaded up at 5am and trip to LAS in the dark..New flight gets home just 30 minutes later than the previous one (thru STL),now thru IND..Kinda 2 wins..
    Could have also saved $31 on the outbound but instead of getting in at !!:40 am would turn into !!:30 pm..Nah pass on that..Love getting in in the morning.

9. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $129 BWI to LAS
    $149 PHL to LAS

Nice!

10. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got my confirmation and worked from Tampa to Vegas on a Monday with return on Friday. Didn't see restriction til after I booked. Checked points and were the same as the Tues and Wed ones. strange they ley me do it.

11. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked RT in December, PDX to LAS for 11,058 points and got a 2,082 point refund on my September flights. :woohoo:

12. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did they even have an anniversary sale last year. I remember watching for it and either missed it or they didn't have it. I had purchased from the anniversary sale many years in a row prior to last year.

13. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked today from ROC, leaving on a Monday and returning Saturday of the next week. $29 cheaper each way than the lowest rate I had seen in the past month so the whole Tuesday/Wednesday restriction sure didn't seem to apply.

14. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If availability exists they will. G/f wants to go to Disneyworld in the fall and some flights on the days were looking are actually BELOW the advertised sale price.

15. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just changed 3 flights and saved $120 in points and $60 in cash. The points are the best because points don't expire.
    The "change flight" board did all the work for me. There is no longer any cancel and then hope to book before the flight sells out. Southwest does the changing. You do have to know what you paid, so you know if you save. On my November flight I only changed one leg or I'd have saved on one but paid more on the other and only saved 1,000 points. Changing just one leg I saved over 4,000 points.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015
  16. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well....the $49, $99, $129, and $149 sale has crashed Southwest website...its been down several hours now, and people are not able to book, and freaking out....I have faith that SW will do the right thing, and extend the sale....if not...I know another great fare will come about in a few weeks...I hope

17. bu$hman

bu$hman Guppie trying to become a whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not only unable to book, unable to check in, without a long delay. Poor planning.

18. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been trying to book since yesterday afternoon, tried all night.
    NADA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.