1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

southwest question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by paperposter, May 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    will A 59 boarding get me an ilse seat

booooooooooooo southwurst

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a single, most likely.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  3. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes a single thanks

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it really is an issue, you can upgrade to Business Select for ~$50 to guarantee it, but I'd save the money. There are 60 boarding in A, then B & then C, so it really won't be a problem as a single. Business Select gets the first 15 boarding positions of A.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  5. The Equalizer

The Equalizer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An A boarding pass will 100% get you An aisle seat there is more than 30 rows on a plane and 2 aisle seats per row. Most B passes will be able to get an aisleif they want most of the time.

6. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless the plane is stopping in Vegas with passengers continuing on; in that case there could be a bunch of people on the plane already when the A's board in Vegas. Even so, I think A59 has a very good chance at an aisle seat.

Vegas Just Because...
  7. spicole

spicole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will easily get an aisle seat, no problem.

8. VeddaLasVegas

VeddaLasVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great to know about the boarding passes, thanks. My Husband and I have purchased Early Bird Check-in. Has anyone used this and will we most likely receive an A boarding pass? First time flying Southwest to Vegas.

9. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I buy the early bird all the time and we've always gotten an A pass. The business class will always be in front of you and if the plane is coming from someplace else and has passengers that don't make a plane change, they'll theoretically be in front of you too. I've gotten as low at A15 and has high as A60. Any A pass will let you sit wherever you want (aisle or window)....just maybe a little farther back.

10. VeddaLasVegas

VeddaLasVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great! Thanks Dean!

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the outbound flight I do the 24 hr check-in, but every return flight, I buy the EB. I don't want the hassle on vacation of being on the internet 24 hrs before our flight. It has always been A using EB. Some as high as 18/19 and as low as 52/53.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  12. Boxercar12

Boxercar12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I was a betting man (obviously I am) and a frequent SW customer, I guarantee you will get an aisle seat if you have an A boarding group. SouthWest planes have 173 seats (29 rows), but I bet you'll get an aisle somewhere between 15-20.

13. Mitkraft

Mitkraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are usually in the B group and almost always are able to find an empty row so any A should easily net you a single isle seat.

14. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious if you are "usually" in B group. You don't do the 24 hr check-in, or you do and still end up in B?

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  15. Mitkraft

Mitkraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd hate to speak in error so I need to go back and see if I can find some of my old boarding passes to confirm, but I think I usually get B even when checking in right at the 24hr mark. But now that you ask that question I'm starting to doubt my memory on that. Let me do some checking and see if I can verify.

I do indeed check in exactly 24hrs before my flight usually. And I almost always can find empty rows, but I can't be confident in my memory that I've been getting in the B group.

16. runningonthehub

runningonthehub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seating capacity depends on the type aircraft. All Southwest aircraft Do Not have a capacity of 173 seats.
    The 737-300 model has a capacity of 137/143. The 500 series, 122, the 700 series 143 and the 800 series, 175.
    Southwest flies different types into Las Vegas.

17. Boxercar12

Boxercar12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok I stand corrected. I just know they do not have 180 as someone commented.

Still, A Boarding group == you will either get the type of seat you want, or some seat in the first 10 rows.

18. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually sign in from my phone with the swa app but was involved in a craps game and had a bit of alcohol infused to memory of timeliness of checking in for the return flight. I had b-49....I checked in 5 hours (19 hours prior to lift-off) after the window opened. However I got a window seat. We had mechanical issues. Got off the plane. They reprinted the boarding passes and one hour later we left and I got an aisle seat. Most couples want to sit together and don't want me between so I guess they are available until later in b or c boarding.

I usually get high A or low low low B when loading from the phone app. but I was concerned about two obese and / or smelly boundary infringing companions as I took the middle seat but it was a false alarm.

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
    Spur of momento trip
  19. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know I really don't have to but I always buy the EBCI. Last Feb's trip I got lucky and got EXIT seats on bot legs of the trip, both ways!

Jimbo338

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.