1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest out of Cleveland

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Jimbucc, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Patience is something I have learned when planning a trip to Vegas. Sometimes I snooze and lose when I don't pull the trigger on a deal, but there has been zip for fares out of Cleveland to Vegas. None the less I keep checking. I was ready to "settle" for a flight out of Akron Canton airport with Southwest even though I could almost walk to Cleveland's airport. Over $400 out of Cleveland round trip is not for me.

I made one last check before booking out of Akron Canton and found Southwest having flights for as low as $140 to $151 one way to and from Vegas out of Cleveland.

Just an FYI for North Ohio travelers. I am booked 9/9 to 9/13. To my amazement, the 9/13 flight home is also non stop. :thumbsup:

2. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in Lakewood and have come to the realization CAK in much cheaper then CLE. I can get a nice flight with good times and short layovers via SW for $318 while CLE is over $500 for the days I want in August. Also plan on going w friends in Novemver and PIT :cry: is as low as $280.

3. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check Southwest out of Cleveland right now and you will be pleasantly surprised. Click on the low fare calendar.

4. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holy Crap! I see I see

5. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Akronites were hoping that SWA would start up a nonstop to Vegas like the ones we had occasionally with Airtran. Instead, we lost our good Frontier connections and had to settle for less convenient times with SWA.

In spite of recent downgrades, CAK is one of the most user-friendly airports one could find. Fares are frequently lower than Cleveland's, parking is a breeze, and lines are reasonably short. Come on down!

6. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently booked Columbus (CMH) to Las Vegas for $153 each way. Both non-stop flights.

7. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live about 8 miles from the CLE airport so thats convenient but I love flying out of CAK. From the time I park and get to the gate, always less then 20 minutes.

8. Ronoh

Ronoh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am 1 hour from CLE, 1:20 from CAK, and 2 hours from PIT but lean towards the 'burgh. Nonstop out of PIT is normally the lowest price on the board, CAK is normally the same price but they have no nonstops and even when a CLE deal pops up their only nonstop is 7:45am (and noon on the return I believe). I'll spend the extra hour in the car rather than having an extra 2+ hours travel time with a layover or having to drag myself out of bed at 5am... you'll feel that early morning flight on the first night of your trip ;)

9. Smokey5826

Smokey5826 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am flying out of CAK (I live 1 hr from CAK) in August for $290 R/T on Southwest. Small layover at Chicago Midway each way. I live 20 minutes from CLE and R/T air from CLE to LAS is outrageous (compared to CAK). I'm traveling Fri - Mon (for price comparision).

10. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

PIT's a little out of our range.

It was nice when US Air had a presence at CAK and its hub was PIT. You hardly had to call that little flight a leg, and you could get to PIT and have breakfast. It was curtains for US Air when they dumped on PIT and wanted us to go through Philadelphia to travel west.

11. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My "mom" is "taking" me to Las Vegas and since she is paying she vouched for CAK-LAS instead of CLE-LAS. CLE was $20 cheaper each person however she likes the quickness or CAK and how easy is it to park and get to the gate. Roundtrip still wasnt bad for $318 although short layovers in CHI.

12. ernestoc33

ernestoc33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My local airport ONT never has good deals. Yet the smaller airports like John Wayne and Long Beach tend to have much better deals. Ultimately I've resorted to Luxbus instead due to the convenience and affordability when I feel like not taking my car.

13. donovanrs28

donovanrs28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $102RT right now with SW, same price for JetBlue out of LGB.....

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.